Ensuring the Patient Voice in Quality Improvement
Patient and family engagement can improve many aspects of health care performance including quality, safety, financial performance, patient experience of care, patient outcomes, and employee satisfaction.
There are many benefits to working with patient and family partners in quality improvement work, including:
- Patient and family partners think like their peers and see things that a medical provider may not see.
- Patient and family partners can engage other patients and family in the work of patient and family education as a peer.
- Patient and family partners save you time and money. Teams who embed patient and families reach their quality improvement goals sooner.
- Patient and family partners keep the conversations centered around things that patient and families deem important.
- Patient and family partners improve safety.
- Patient and family partners improve patient experience.