Another Ethan update...

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
summerw77

Re : Another Ethan update...

Postby summerw77 » Sun Feb 23, 638302 9:23 pm

Thanx for the updates! I hope he's out of there soon!!!!

I'm going through a simliar husband issue right now. I am about to go in for my 3rd surgery since having Kade 7 months ago and am living in chronic pain and after talking 2nite I think we are talking about divorce. He has been so mean to me and I so know how you feel. Like in your time of weakness they abandon you and it's heartbreaking. So if you ever need support on that side, shoot me an email LOL.

I'm sorry you are going through all of this. But you know what, Ethan will be home soon and healthy and at least you'll have him!!!!

patty

Postby patty » Sun Feb 23, 638302 7:09 pm

Thanks for the update. Keeping you in my prayers!

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Sun Feb 23, 638302 6:47 pm

I really appreciate the time you take to updates us.
If two days go by and I don't see an update... I feel like it's been weeks.
"SCORE on doubling your birth weight, btw!" Mind-blowing to say that when it means he now weighs 2 lbs.
Blow him a kiss for me. Those pics of him are still the cutest vision in my mind- he's a keeper!

Stay strong you two!! Prayers, Jenn

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Fri Feb 14, 638302 9:10 pm

Thank you for taking the time to update everyone on Ethan's progress -- you have a lot of people supporting you! He is such a strong little guy; he must get it from his mama. Hang in there, Nikkole.

pennyg

Postby pennyg » Fri Feb 14, 638302 7:13 pm

ALMOST 2 POUNDS!!!! I think that's amazing considering the tough obstacles Ethan has had in his path!! Way to go little man!! :)
Thank you for taking the time to give an update Nikkole. I pray for strength for you and your son often.

jacobkaden

Postby jacobkaden » Fri Feb 14, 638302 4:25 pm

Hugs from me Nikkole. Great news about Ethan's weight gain. I hear you - the NICU time is exhausting! You definitely need support to get through this. It's clearly not coming from Chad, so please try to get it elsewhere - perhaps the NICU social worker?

jokell2

Postby jokell2 » Fri Feb 14, 638302 1:12 pm

Nikkole I'm so glad to hear Ethan is doing well. This is the first time I've logged on in weeks and ironically I came on to see how he was doing! You are a very strong woman and a wonderful mommy to your beautiful baby boy!!! Best wishes for you both. I know you are going through some tough times with your marriage and I want you to know you are in my thoughts.

jana m

Postby jana m » Fri Feb 14, 638302 1:08 pm

Thank you for updating, Nikkole. That is one strong little man you have and you are one super-strong mommy.

I'm so sorry about Chad. I wish I had an explanation for his behavior. Sometimes men can be so, well, they can be so like men. Do what you need to do for yourself and for your baby.

Always thinking of you and your family....

mom2ella

Another Ethan update...

Postby mom2ella » Fri Feb 14, 638302 10:11 am

A few people asked, so here goes. Ethan is up to 845 grams...1lb, 14oz...DOUBLE his birth weight at almost 7 weeks old (tomorrow). They aren't exactly happy with his weight gain so we had to shut the hood of his isolette again because they were afraid he was burning calories by trying to keep up his temp. Although he's been keeping it up on his own in his isolette for the last two days. They found out that the staff infection did spread to his bones and that is why a few areas looked fractured (including his arm). He is already on the antibiotic for it but they said it takes longer to clear from the bones. He doesn't act like there is a thing bothering him. We are just hoping that this doesn't affect his growth because of the problems with his bones. He's at full feeds with vitamins and extra calories added and doing okay on them. He loves to kangaroo. They plan to try to take him back off the vent (try again) when he gets to 1000 grams...so hopefully in the next two weeks. NICU life is getting tiring, I'm jealous of the babies that come and go and families that can just do what they want with their babies. Chad is still acting like an idiot and I really think I'm done. I can't believe he is doing this to me right now. I try to focus on Ethan but I need the support and I'm getting nothing from him. I'm tired and angry and I just want to know that Ethan will be okay for sure. Well, that's about it for now. Thanks for checking on us and keep the prayers coming!

Return to “Parents of Preemies”