8/26 Appt update

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
heatherbbb

Re : 8/26 Appt update

Postby heatherbbb » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:28 am

Julie,
I completely understand feeling good about going on the medication. It's one more treatment that may change the outcome of this pregnancy compared to the last one. I'm on heparin and am hoping it will help me get a different outcome too. I'm at 22 weeks tomorrow and will be much relieved when I hit 24 weeks. At least I know there is a chance for the baby then. I too will be estatic when I make 32 weeks. This waiting has been very, very hard. I'm hoping this time goes by quickly for you. I'm so glad that your doctor is being very honest and open with you. I'll be praying for you. Keep us updated!

Heather

Mother of Seth Russell, delivered 26 weeks due to PE/HELLP 9/3/03-2/13/04
http://members.cox.net/heatherbbb/seth/seth.htm
Due with baby # 2 Feb 1, 2005

tonni

Postby tonni » Wed Sep 22, 2004 06:41 am

Julie,
I am glad you are receving such good care and will not be taken by surprise regardless of what happens. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, right????
Blessings to you !

Blessings to you
Tonni
Dh Kevin
DD Grace (5, PE)
DD Olivia (2 1/2, Hefei, China)
DS Josiah (7 months, PE)
"For all that has been, 'thanks', for all that is to come, 'yes.'

kdreher

Postby kdreher » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:55 am

Julie,
I don't get on here much but am always looking for your name to see how you are doing. I am happy to hear that your doctor is taking care of you. Even though we all want to hear the best news, it is good that your doctor is not giving you any false hopes. I know when we become pregnant, my fears will all come true as we try to move ahead. Our goal is 36 weeks at the most, but the growth will be key as well.

I wish you and your dh luck. I don't remember seeing if you new the sex yet or were planning on finding out.

Take Care,

Kris (34)
DH, Tom (33)
Tyler 3-9-95 to 3-23-95 (26 wks pe/HELLP)
Hoping for a little miracle in 2005!

[email protected] or [email protected]

iansmom

Postby iansmom » Mon Aug 30, 2004 06:36 am

I'm sending you good, long pregnancy vibes. I feel like I am going to re-live this last year of my life through your pregnancy. I am praying that you have the same good fortune that I did.

Ian 12/26/01 - 26 weeks P/E & HELLP
Drew 6/22/04 - 36w 6d Chronic hypertension & IUGR

april

Postby april » Sun Aug 29, 2004 03:13 pm

Julie,

Sorry about your cardic output being alittle high. But, atleast for for the most part your prge is going good. And it's great that your bp is good. Can't wait to hear about your update when you hit 24wks[:D].

april(24)
dh-billy(29)
dd-Natalie 3/10/04(pasted away after 1 hr.) induced labor at 23wks and 5 days due to severe PE/HELLP

julie f

Postby julie f » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:43 am

Thanks again everyone!

I am feeling really good and very hopeful which is much more than I can say before the appt. Dh and I have always said that 32 weeks would be a dream come true so, to have a Dr. who thinks that's very very possible, is a blessing! And, he didn't say that he doesn't see us making it past that, that's certainly do-able and possible. Andy and I just latched on to that magic 32 - We just know how much the statistics improve at 32 and, how much further that was than last time so if I can get there, HUGE party at my house and you're all invited!

Thanks again for all the prayers, I can't wait to make you internet Aunties in February!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator

denise

Postby denise » Sat Aug 28, 2004 07:50 pm

Julie,
Thank you for the update. I'm so sorry to hear about the cardiac output. You are in my thoughts and with everyone here pulling for you, you are getting lots of positive vibes!!

-------
Denise (28)
Jason (31)
Ariana (15 months)-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP
TTC #2 starting in October!
http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Sat Aug 28, 2004 03:14 pm

Julie,
If we could only switch pg's..I'd do it for you in a heart beat!
It's just not fair. *foot stomp temper tantum*
You know I pray everyday for the outcome of all outcomes to overjoy us all.
I tell myself that will still happen.
Keep your chins up and stay positive!
You guys have "one of the best" taking care of you *envy*

If there is anything I can do at anytime...don't hesitate -for a second!

xoxo!

Jennie (25)
Shad (29)
Jaidyn (3) @30 wks
Severe PE/HELLP
2lb. 12oz.
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jaid/

Natalia Rosse
Due: 11.25.04
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/n/nataliarosse/

http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?coll ... 2871853409

sandy

Postby sandy » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:27 am

Julie,
Thanks for sharing. I'm so sorry to hear you received concerning news about your pregnancy. I can relate to what you said...the thing about knowing that you're doing the best you can to have a healthy pregnancy this time around. You really are doing the best you can.

Keep up with the updates. I send my thoughts of strength for you, your DH, and of course your little baby.

~Sandy/DD born via emergency C at 35 wks/1 day June '03 due to Severe PE/class III HELLP

CAUGHT THE EGG!! Estimated hatch date: 3/13/05; scheduled C at 39 weeks...or earlier if needed.

julie f

Postby julie f » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:11 am

Thanks so much ladies, I can't tell you how much DH and I appreciate all of the well wishes and prayers. We are so lucky that this little baby is being prayed for by people all over the world.

Joy - My Dr. didn't say anything about a couple hours a day of bedrest. We asked about what I should be doing right now and he said, whatever I want and will keep me from worrying. I think because my bp is actually really good, we're not needing to worry about that just yet. Now having said that - this is the time in my last pregnancy where it started to jump a bit so, I've put myself on a little restriction and am trying to rest or nap at least a couple hours a day.

Catherine - What a great idea about making frozen meals. I think we should start a new thread with recipes that can be easily frozen and enjoyed later. Sorry that you weren't able to enjoy meals though, go figure huh?!

Kara - Dr. did say that atenolol can produce a smaller baby. We asked by how much and he said by possibly 3 or 4 ounces. About the 24 week u/s though, he said that if there was growth restriction at that time, he would attribute it to a poorly functioning placenta, meaning that the disease process has already started. He said that he would not expect the meds to have affected the growth at that point so, we watch for that later in the pregnancy.

Thank you again so much everyone!! I have an appt with my regular OB to discuss all of this on Tuesday and, I'm going to see if I can beg for an u/s to see if baby wants to tell us whether to expect pink or blue... I know it might be a little early but, I'm all of the sudden incredibly impatient...!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator

Return to “Pregnant Again?”