What is wrong with Bethany?

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
caitlynsmama

Re : What is wrong with Bethany?

Postby caitlynsmama » Sat May 13, 2006 10:36 pm

Hey Amanda! I am glad to hear things are working out well. Genna is going through the same thing. I have armed myself with baby tylenol and lots of things for her to chew on. She is pretty proud of her first tooth even though it took forever to poke through. I saw teething tablets at the grocery store, what do they do? Hang in there! Tommorow is Mommys Day. Put your feet up and let someone take care of you.

megansmom

Postby megansmom » Wed Apr 19, 2006 09:13 am

Had a pretty good night last night. I gave her the teething tablets and she was out in about 30 minutes. She slept until about 1:30. I gave her more tablets and fed her. That kept her sleeping quietly until about 6:45 this morning. WOOHOO!! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I never had this problem with Megan, so it never crossed my mind!

meg hanrahan

Postby meg hanrahan » Wed Apr 19, 2006 08:36 am

I was going to suggest teething. Marisol is getting her second tooth in and will cry inconsolably. She also has begun the separation anxiety thing. I walk out of the room and you would think that the world was ending! Hope the "drugs" helped her and you finally got some sleep!

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Wed Apr 19, 2006 07:14 am

Amanda, how did it go????

megansmom

Postby megansmom » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:18 pm

Thanks everyone! Good to know I am not in this boat alone. I went to the store today and armed myself with tylenol, teething tablets, teething gel, and suppositories (for another problem she has). I hope one of these will do the trick. Will let you know tomorrow how our night went.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Tue Apr 18, 2006 06:42 pm

Nope not the only one going crazy, you just have a baby that has learned separation anxiety! I have learned if I make Sara wait a minute, meaning don't drop everything to run to her, she will go back to what she was doing after a while.

gossamer

Postby gossamer » Tue Apr 18, 2006 02:09 pm

Have you introduced any new foods lately? Sometimes food allergies can present themselves as fussiness or stomach pain.
Gossamer

miracle3

Postby miracle3 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 01:48 pm

Sabrina,
Its funny you say that. Lindsey has been the same way and she is only a little older than your daughter. She will be playing just fine but heaven forbid I leave her eyesite. She cries instantly. Or if I have been out of the room and she sees me she instantly wants held. I thought I was the only one going crazy over this one.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Tue Apr 18, 2006 01:36 pm

Check her gums. My bet would be a new tooth is coming in. Also, Sara has started something where if she sees me in a room (she could have been playing happily two second before), all of a sudden she wants me to hold her. She'll hold her little arms out to me. Depends on what I am doing whether or not I pick her up right away. If I am not in the middle of something I'll hold her. But I really think it is probably teeth.

megansmom

What is wrong with Bethany?

Postby megansmom » Tue Apr 18, 2006 01:31 pm

HELP!!! I am just about at the end of my rope. Bethany has cried for 3 days now (off and on) for no apparent reason. She did this last week too. I have now lost 2 nights of sleep after losing 4 nights last week. I don't know what to do! I took her to the doctor last week and all checked out fine. I even took her to the ER because dh thought she wasn't breathing well. All checked out okay there too. She is not happy unless I am holding her and even that doesn't work half the time. I don't know how much more I can take. What should I do? I have to take Megan to gymnastics in a couple of hours, I just hope I can take her. She really looks forward to her gym time every week. Has anyone else experienced this at 8 months? If so, what did you do? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “After your baby is born .....”