Check in!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
Rubbie78

Re: Check in!

Postby Rubbie78 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 05:19 pm

Glad to see things are going well for you!!!

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Tue Nov 04, 2014 08:13 pm

I hid for my entire last pregnancy. I'm impressed you're posting!
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy

misscoleyp

Postby misscoleyp » Thu Oct 30, 2014 03:32 pm

When I had my meltdown at the volunteer appreciation brunch, Dr Esterling reminded me of you. Love that man! ;-)
Nicole
Nicole.Purnell@preeclampsia.org
Promise Walk for Preeclampsia Regional Coach
DFW Promise Walk Chair

^i^ Cooper - 12-28-05 http://www.preeclampsia.org/component/b ... s?pid=1868
Still born at 34+5, placenta abruption, HELLP, multiple organ failure

Rainbow Baby Due 4-8-15!!!

eleni
Site Admin

Postby eleni » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:07 am

Nic - so exciting to see posts like this from you!

I wish there was a magic wand for the anxiety.

Hugs,
eleni
Eleni Z. Tsigas
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation

2x PE survivor; 29 week daughter died, 35 week IUGR son made it after 2 weeks of NICU fun; 3rd pregnancy PE-free resulted in strapping 8 pounder son, born at term.

misscoleyp

Check in!

Postby misscoleyp » Fri Oct 24, 2014 02:03 am

I know it has been awhile since I have checked in to the forums. I am a professional lurker!

Today, I had my 16 week checkup. Good news is that my BP is staying normal (124/80 today) and I am still down 4 lbs overall this pregnancy. Currently, I am on LDA, prenatals and zoloft for my crazy anxiety. Also, today she is starting me on Metaformin ER as a preventative for GD because I have PCOS. Oh yes and Phenegran for my morning-noon-night sickness since Zofran was giving me other nasty side effects.

I LOVE LOVE my ob too. She is almost as bad I am and wants to see the baby! It took her a while to get the heartbeat on the doppler today which was like my nightmare this past week. She finally found it. Then just for giggles decided to go get the portable sono. Well, that was some where else and the sonographer was out of her office so we snuck in. It was very reassuring to see the "little monster" since the last time I saw it, it resembled a worm. Definitely a baby in there now! It moved a round like patting it's face and stretching. Actually starting to feel real now! Of course we had to clean up the evidence that we broke into the sono room before running out. LOL :lol:

I will have my first appt with my MFM in 2 weeks and we should be finding out the gender then too. Nothing to worry about at this point, just want to make sure all parties are on the same page of the game book.

Check in with ya'll after the next appt!
Nicole
Nicole.Purnell@preeclampsia.org
Promise Walk for Preeclampsia Regional Coach
DFW Promise Walk Chair

^i^ Cooper - 12-28-05 http://www.preeclampsia.org/component/b ... s?pid=1868
Still born at 34+5, placenta abruption, HELLP, multiple organ failure

Rainbow Baby Due 4-8-15!!!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”