good 18 week appt

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
jean

Re: good 18 week appt

Postby jean » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:47 am

yay!! :)
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Wed Jan 11, 2012 02:31 pm

You're already watching for recurrent PE so a screening wouldn't be worth much in that regard. If we had a *good* test for PE I'd holler at you to take it, but the ones we have now mostly tell you that you are at higher risk, and you already know you're at higher risk because of your history...
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy

holly3372@msn.com

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Wed Jan 11, 2012 06:05 am

congrats sounds great so far!!!!! keep it going! :)
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013

cmccaffrey

Postby cmccaffrey » Tue Jan 10, 2012 08:42 pm

OMG! a girl! So exciting... I am so glad that everything is going well.
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Tue Jan 10, 2012 08:37 pm

Congrats on a good appt & on the baby girl!!
I never get the screenings done... Nothing can prepare you for something going not-perfectly (with you OR baby) and it would just be another thing to worry over if something showed up. And some things that can show up turn out to be nothing - so wasted worry!!
Just enjoy the perfectness of this moment :)
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

danielsmom

good 18 week appt

Postby danielsmom » Tue Jan 10, 2012 03:27 pm

Everything looks perfect. What a relief! I asked if we could do any growth measurements this time, and my OB measured the abdomen, head, and long bones. Everything measured right on and the head measured a week ahead! I think growth restriction doesn't really hit until a little later, but it was great to know that right now, in this day, everything is fine. The fluid looked perfect too.

Also, the doctor was right, we have a little girl in there. He called it at 12 weeks and we couldn't see anything at 15 weeks, but today he said "he doesn't think, he KNOWS it's a girl".

I didn't do the second trimester screening... should I regret that? I did the 1st trimester screening with the nuchal fold measurement and the blood test and everything came out great. For this reason, my OB felt that we were fine and didn't need it. It's not a big predictor of pre-e is it? I think I read that somewhere. Maybe it's one more thing not to worry about. They are going to be monitoring me closely for pre-e anyway.

Now I just have to keep my head until our 21 week appointment.
Miscarriage Feb 05 & Dec 07
Daniel born Feb 09 at 27w5d, 1 lb 1 oz/12 inches (severe IUGR) due to Severe Pre-E & HELLP. Now tall for age and no complications.
Diagnosed with MTHFR
Cornual Ectopic miscarriage Mar 11
Natalie born 6-5-12 at full term, 7 lb 11 oz & 21.5 inches, progesterone 2-8 weeks (for suspected luteal phase defect), lovenox 6-29 weeks, lda 0-36 weeks, folic.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”