unilateral notching

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
holly3372@msn.com

Re: unilateral notching

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Sun Oct 16, 2011 06:41 pm

Aww!! He is so cute!!! Hang in there thinking of you and sending lots of love!!! xo
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013

cmccaffrey

Postby cmccaffrey » Sat Oct 15, 2011 08:38 pm

Thanks Kerisue!
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy

kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby kerisue » Sat Oct 15, 2011 08:12 pm

I can't offer any advice, but just wanted to check in and say I'm sorry you had to hear anything worrisome- that's all you need is to stress more! I love the photos, he's looking great.

(p.s. you might want to take your dob. out of the photos- there are people we don't know who read this thing and for them to have both your name and dob worries me.)
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed

angieb

Postby angieb » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:14 pm

I had notching at around 18 wks, 1 artery so I guess unilateral. It freaked my OB and I completely out while my mfm was more relaxed about it but bumped my appointments with her to every other week. They didn't check it again b/c they felt notching= bad, and once I had it, they were going to keep a closer eye on me no matter what but as long as growth and symptoms were ok, they didn't need to follow it. (He was around 75%ile for growth most of my pregnancy, now on the outside he's around 95%ile :) ) Lucas was a 7lb 4 oz 36 weeker, my symptoms were starting to get iffy towards the end (labile bp, swelling) but it could have just been stress/normal late pregnancy stuff. In any case, notching turned out fine with us, I know it's hard but try not to worry about it too much.
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/

susheli

Postby susheli » Fri Oct 14, 2011 09:17 pm

Oh, those photos are precious!

I had unilateral notching with my second. It was discovered around 20 weeks and the doctor thought it would go away. She told me that many normal pregnancy show some notching early on that just away on its own. It didn't and though I did develop PE, I delivered at 38 weeks. Having said that, my bps were borderline throughout the pregnancy (not as great as yours!) and my daughter was already quite small for her gestational age at that time ...

Deep breath and try not to worry... I know how hard it is to relax if anything is even slightly off, but the fact that your LO is growing so well is such a great sign!

cmccaffrey

Postby cmccaffrey » Fri Oct 14, 2011 07:41 pm

thanks Catherine... I am sure I am just freaking myself out for no reason. It's just so hard to see Mr. Precious and then realize so much crap can happen in such a short amount of time and we could potentially end up with empty arms all over again.
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby catherine » Fri Oct 14, 2011 05:47 pm

Dang, technology is AMAZING, it has been almost 8.5 years since I saw my last child on ultrasound (pretty much same gestational age) and she didn't look like that.... Skelitor was the best that we could come up with. Your baby is soooo cute!

I'm no expert,.. clearly... but until someone who knows better comes along I believe that this is not uncommon and can even reverse itself. The bilateral situation is potentially more concerning and things become worrying when there is absent or reverse blood flow via those vessels to the baby. The fact that everything else looks good is very reassuring.
Mom to Finn, Lucy (HELLP syndrome) and Chloe

cmccaffrey

unilateral notching

Postby cmccaffrey » Fri Oct 14, 2011 03:00 pm

I had my 22 week ultrasound and everything went really well except the doctor noticed that I have unilateral notching (bad on the right side). My Peri said it was barely even there, but he thought he should make note of it just so he could check on it at my next appointment. Anyways, do any of you have any experience or information on this? I have heard of problems with bilateral notching, but what about unilateral? The baby is not exhibiting any signs of IUGR at this point and is actually measuring ahead and weighing in at about 1lb 3oz. And my blood pressure is still looking really great. It was 104/71 at my appointment today and that was after rushing 6 blocks through the heat to get to my appointment. I'm sure I am just making a mountain out of a molehill, but anything you ladies might know would be greatly appreciated!

Also, here are some adorable pics of our little guy that I thought I would share!

Last edited by cmccaffrey on Sat Oct 15, 2011 08:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:

Return to “Pregnant Again?”