Snowflake Update...it's been a while--PICS!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
frogibe

Re: Snowflake Update...it's been a while

Postby frogibe » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Oh my I didn't know all that was going on Jasmin! I am very glad to hear that they think all is well with 'snowflake". I know you are going to have an uneventful 10 weeks! When on earth are you going to tell ppl on FB about your little one? I cannot wait to see some belly pics and updates!:0) Sending my love and positiive thoughts your way!
Jennifer(30) Chronic Hypertensive
mommy to Kelsie born 1-10-10 from severe pre-e and HELLP at 28wks.
grew her wings on 2-14-10 due to NEC.
and to Josephine born 8-4-11 at 35wks. due to low amniotic fluid, but PE and HELLP FREE!!!! I kicked PRE-E in the behind!!!!!
Surprise! We added a third baby girl, Amelia born on 4-26-2013 at 36.4 wks. via scheduled c-section. PRE-free!

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Tue Aug 02, 2011 08:57 pm

That's great that the EB turned out to be nothing! Sorry about having to do the 2nd glucose test, though. Since you're not far over the cutoff, maybe it will also be nothing to worry about.

I'm 27+2 and totally jealous of your definite 10 weeks left :D My OB probably won't agree to induce me, but if I go on my own I'm thinking she'll let me try VBAC. I really want to avoid a section this time because I wouldn't be able to pick up my kids for 6 weeks afterwards (and that might kill us all).
But I certainly hope your 10 weeks are just as quiet as the first 27!!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

cmccaffrey

Postby cmccaffrey » Tue Aug 02, 2011 08:25 pm

I cannot believe you are almost 27 weeks. It seems like yesterday you were announcing your pregnancy. I am also hoping you have a very quiet next 10 weeks!
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy

riehlism

Snowflake Update...it's been a while--PICS!

Postby riehlism » Tue Aug 02, 2011 08:12 pm

Aside from the Glucose Challenge and GTT posts, I think I forgot to post about the Fetal Echogenic Bowel thing. So yes, Snowflake has Fetal Echogenic Bowel where on an ultrasound his bowels glow with the same density as bone. I was told this can happen if baby swallows some blood, or can sometimes be a soft marker for genetic abnormalities or infections like CMV, toxoplasmosis, etc. It can also be a normal/transient part of fetal development. In short, it can be something big, or nothing at all. Not very helpful, I know.

Luckily for us, Snowflake is just fine. There was no indication of a genetic abnormality, and I took tests to see if I was exposed to any infections and they were all negative. My OB says that EB is a called a soft marker because it is a subjective report of comparing bowels against bone. EB has been noted for years, but the development of better ultrasound technology can cloud how reliable soft markers can be. Finding a soft marker like EB just calls for further testing. In our case, everything is normal and the baby is fine.

I took a Glucose Challenge Test a couple of weeks ago and I got 157, where the cutoff is 140. So I took the Tolerance Test on Sunday and I am still waiting on the results. I realize that in the grand scheme of things Gestational Diabetes is not something that I should worry too much about, but it would still be nice if there was one less thing I need to worry about. I know it can slow lung development in babies and have other health effects, so I am hoping it steers clear of me and Snowflake.

In the mean time I am 26+6. No protein. BP staying at 100s/60s on my home BP when lying on my side. I am not on any BP meds. I am currently on Lovenox, Baby Aspirin, and extra folic acid.

I am really hoping to have a quiet 10 weeks ahead, prior to my delivery.
Last edited by riehlism on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192

Return to “Pregnant Again?”