D&C and pre-e....

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
alexa5

Re : D&C and pre-e....

Postby alexa5 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 09:20 am

I had a d&c for a missed miscarriage in my first pregnancy, and got pre-e in the second.

amandamm

Postby amandamm » Mon Oct 18, 2010 07:55 am

I had a d&c between pre-es, because of a missed miscarriage, and I still got it again.

lukesmom06

Postby lukesmom06 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:50 am

I would be the poster girl for D&C not helping. I had a D&C due to polyps on 2/21/06 and an embryo transfer on 3/21/06 and had a horrible PIH pregnancy with 21 weeks of bedrest and SEVERE pre-e, delivering my son at 31 weeks. So in my case, the d&c did not help at all!
Ditto to what the PP have said, it is more a chemical issue from my understanding.

angieb

Postby angieb » Sat Oct 16, 2010 01:43 am

I think that a d&c also increases the risk of having issues of incompetent cervix.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Fri Oct 15, 2010 08:38 pm

I don't think a d&c would help. It has to do with the trophoblast implanting and invading the uterine tissue. It's not the physical process of implanting as much as a chemical one. We lack or have too much of something. If that was the case, I would be having AWESOME pregnancies. I have had TWO d&cs. One 8 days after Sara was born due to retained placenta and severe uterine infection caused by said placenta. Then I had another one before Cate was born when we lost Peyton (I couldn't bear to deliver naturally or miscarry on my own). I have had it three times severely. If you remember with Cate I was on bedrest the entire pregnancy. We KNEW the placenta was implanted wierdly or shallowly as my progesterone was extremely low. I don't think it will help. I wouldn't recommend having one unless it is absolutely medically necessary as it can cause scarring inside of the uterus. Scarring inside the uterus can prevent a pregnancy from taking. Just my humble opinion. Not a doctor.

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 08:35 pm

I don't know statistics or medical particulars but personally for me I had a miscarriage in 2nd trimester- had a D&C and then had another miscarriage shortly after we started trying again. I obviously do not think it helped me at all. This time, I started LDA as soon as I knew I was pregnant and it seems to have helped.

atvlady

D&C and pre-e....

Postby atvlady » Fri Oct 15, 2010 08:02 pm

I know there has been some talk on here about a poorly implanted placenta. Could a D&C help it implant better?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”