platelet counts on the lower side of normal?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
missingjasper

Re : platelet counts on the lower side of normal?

Postby missingjasper » Tue Mar 23, 2010 01:14 am

Thank you Jamie, This is sadly not a one time thing. I keep all my lab reports and was looking through them and noticed that even before Jasper they were always on the low side on normal. I'm going to see my Hematologist in April and will be sure to ask him about this and if there is anything we can do. I sure hope with my next pregnancy they monitor my platelet counts a lot better.

love_the_daschies

Re : platelet counts on the lower side of normal?

Postby love_the_daschies » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:43 pm

Hey Lisa,

Was this a one time value? Or are your platelets always on the lower side of normal? If it is a one time reading I would listen to your OB and not be too concerned because they are in the normal range. If it is always on the low side of normal maybe a hematologist might be able to reassure you everything is fine?

Do you have a plan to monitor bloodwork every few weeks in a subsequent pregnancy to keep an eye on your platelets?

missingjasper

platelet counts on the lower side of normal?

Postby missingjasper » Mon Mar 22, 2010 08:32 pm

Hi all, I'm fairly new to these forums. I lost my son Jasper in March of 2009. I have been activly ttc his brother or sister since Sept with no luck. I was just wondering because I'm very nervous about this because my platelet counts are on the lower side of normal and was wondering if anyone else has this problem? I did talk to my OB and he said it should be fine, but still very very worried. I'm scared with my counts on the lower side that I will be at greater risk for getting HELLP again.Just for reference purposes I'm at 184 and normal is 150 - 500

Return to “Ask the Experienced”