Possibly going home from hospital - long

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
blythe

Re : Possibly going home from hospital - long

Postby blythe » Tue Nov 07, 638609 9:00 am

I know it would make me feel better to keep taking my bp at home... Most women with pressures like yours seem to monitor at home with the blessing of their docs, often with specific "go to the hospital" bp numbers. (I'm pretty sure Fiona's, for example, was 160/106 - but every woman is different.) Definitely keep watching for new symptoms, or for your current symptoms to get even a little worse. Hang in there!

mivied

Postby mivied » Tue Nov 07, 638609 3:38 am

Hi everyone. I'm home. My dr spoke with my MFM and they both decided that they weren't providing anything for me that couldn't be provided at home, so they sent me home. I have an NST and appointment with the MFM on Thursday again but I'll be home at least until then. My dr again told me not to take my blood pressure at home, and just to look out for more symptoms. I think I will continue to take it anyway, just in case. I know he thinks it will worry me, etc, and maybe it will, but I don't think that this is something that should be ignored. This morning before I left, it was 160/97, so it's really creeping up there, even though they increased my aldomet. Oh well. Guess this is just a waiting game now for more symptoms to appear.

jenanderson

Postby jenanderson » Mon Nov 06, 638609 10:15 pm

Yikes! I hope you are there for the duration personally, it just seems safer since your not close by at home. Good luck to you, and post as your able. I drives me nuts that there are so many doc's with different ideas of what to do with us. It would be nice if there was a universal guide for PE.

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Thu Oct 26, 638609 12:05 am

Just adding (((((hugs))))). I know how you feel. I was recently scolded by a nurse about taking my BP at home, too, and she sent me home saying "now stop monitoring that BP at home, it will only make you nervous". I was beyond annoyed!

I have the same advice as the others, who have posted before me. Keep us posted on how your meeting with the MFM goes!

Good luck!

Karoliina

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Wed Oct 25, 638609 6:39 pm

Ugh, I hope you get some relief from the nausea soon! It can also be a symptom of PE, but may just be a side effect like you said. This disease is so tricky, isn't it?! I'm glad you are still hanging in there!

mivied

Postby mivied » Wed Oct 25, 638609 6:02 pm

Thanks for all the input ladies. I'm doing ok. I'm still here, at least until I see the MFM dr tomorrow. They doubled the amount of aldomet I was taking, so my bps have come down a bit. Still not great - usually 140-something over 80-something, but definitely better than what they were. I'm feeling really sick though. Nauseas - and I threw up in the middle of the night. Not sure if it's a side effect of the aldomet or no. Anyway, I'm hanging in there for now. I will definitely talk to my MFM dr tomorrow and see what he says. Thanks again all!

ambersjourney

Postby ambersjourney » Tue Oct 24, 638609 5:07 pm

How are you doing?

mom29

Postby mom29 » Sun Oct 15, 638609 2:20 am

Wow! As the other ladies have already said, continue taking your bp and definately tell the MFM the OB advised you not to take your bp. <Shudder>

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Sat Oct 14, 638609 1:37 pm

That is crazy! Things can change SOOO quickly! I went from not have pre-e (protein under 200) to SEVERE, need to be delivered IMMEDIATELY pre-e in 24 hours. And if I was not talking my bp at home, it would have been a disaster! I agree with the others....call MFM and see what they say. Congrats on 35 weeks!

Sheri

carjashaner

Postby carjashaner » Sat Oct 14, 638609 1:23 pm

I agree with the others. continue to monitor your own pressures regardless. Only you know when you are not feeling right. Sorry you are dealing with this. Maybe before they send you home, you should tell them you want another opinion. Or have your Peri call himlike mentioned before. Please keep us up to date and hang in there!! Almost done!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”