Frequency of appointments?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
amanda
Forum Moderator

Re : Frequency of appointments?

Postby amanda » Fri Oct 30, 2009 09:00 am

For me it was monthly (both peri and OB) until 6 months and then they discovered poor blood flow right at 7 months. It was okay (not great but 'okay') until that appointment - at which time they said "have a seat in the nurses waiting room - you are being admitted for the duration". Now, one of the biggest reasons they admitted me was because I had anterior placenta and truely was unable to 'feel' anything (no kicks - nothing) so they were concerned that I just wouldn't be 'aware' that something was happening. It was also my first pregnancy that had gone that long.

One other thing I think was a strong indicator were my preexisting conditions and that very quick poor blood flow they knew that, if it went reversed they would have very little time to react.

Of course I didn't mind gestating at the hospital. I think I'm the only one on earth that thought bedrest was great. LOL

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Thu Oct 29, 2009 09:49 pm

Monthly till 20 weeks. Every two weeks till 26-28 weeks. Then I saw someone every week till 32ish weeks. Then I saw both peri and ob every week till delivery.

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Thu Oct 29, 2009 09:08 pm

I had weekly appointments with my OB beginning at 4 weeks, and monthly appointments with my MFM beginning at 12 weeks. I started Lovenox at around 5 weeks. I now see my MFM weekly since he will be the one delivering me.

julieb

Postby julieb » Thu Oct 29, 2009 09:05 pm

I'm on Lovenox among other things and so far I am on a normal schedule of every month with my OB and I saw my MFM at 4 weeks to start the Lovenox and will be seeing him again at 12w4d for an ultrasound. I am not really sure how often MFM will want to see me but I know OB will be seeing me on a regular monthly schedule until I need to be seen sooner, probably around 20 weeks I will be seen more often. I think my doctors are just taking it day by day.

char_

Postby char_ » Thu Oct 29, 2009 07:56 pm

My appointments were monthly up until 13 weeks or so, now they're weekly. It's a pain but i'm glad they're following me closely

rosalinda

Postby rosalinda » Thu Oct 29, 2009 07:38 pm

I have CHTN and am on LDA, and will be on Lovenox as soon as we see the heartbeat. I will have appointments every 2 weeks with my Peri for the duration of this pregnancy (hopefully a long one)

lilliputianmama

Postby lilliputianmama » Thu Oct 29, 2009 06:47 pm

Monthly appointments with both MFM and OB up until about....32 weeks. Then every other week appointments with OB and weekly NSTs until 34 weeks and then weekly appointments and two NSTs a week.

jmom08

Frequency of appointments?

Postby jmom08 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 06:31 pm

I'm at week 6 of my first pregnancy after PE, and had my first OB appointment a couple of days ago. He said we would be monitoring the pregnancy weekly (!), and I was wondering how often others typically see the OB after one pregnancy classified as mild PE?

I did test positive for a protein C deficiency (clotting disorder / underlying condition testing), so per my MFM, I will be starting lovenox after we see the heartbeat. I wonder if the lovenox could be the reason for the weekly visits? (How often do others on lovenox see the OB?)

Last time I was put on bedrest with high BP at 32 weeks, developed PE at 34 weeks, and delivered at 36 weeks by c-section, following early rupture (felt to have been caused by 2nd amnio to test lungs). I've made my OB aware of my anxiety following my experience last time (even before PE it was rough), and I'm wondering if the frequent visits might be meant in part to reassure me. I think it would actually make me worry less *not* to visit quite so often in the beginning, but I definitely want to do whatever is best for me & baby...!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”