Seriously annoyed with resident!!! - UPDATED AGAIN

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
amanda
Forum Moderator

Re : Seriously annoyed with resident!!! - UPDATED AGAIN

Postby amanda » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:43 am

Stacey -
Can you receive satellite TV - through a DISH like system?
If so then try HughesNet - or one of the other satellite internet carriers.
It's faster than dial up.

staceynw

Postby staceynw » Tue Apr 01, 2008 08:03 am

Yep, Kara, I'm on bedrest for the duration. I can live with bedrest at home, but I think it would have killed me to have been hospitalized and not being able to see Kayce every night. She's still going to daycare and grandma's so I can actually "rest."

Summer, I live in the remote boonies . . . about 25 miles from any sizable town!!! I don't know if we could get the verizon wireless DSL out here, but I'll check, cuz it would be SOOOO worth the money.

Sure. . . I have plenty of time to wait on my SLLOOOOWWWW dialup, but it tends to raise my blood pressure cuz I get SO ornery!!!! LOL.

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 06:53 pm

Stacey-- on the bright side you will have plenty of time to wait on your dial up LOL. May I also suggest Verizon Wireless DSL, that is what I resorted too while prego (and kept after). I couldn't handle the dial up..............It's only $59/month! And if you don't have dsl in your area, like me, it's a great solution! Sorry to hear of the bedrest though........it really does get long> I'm sorry.

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Mon Mar 31, 2008 05:56 pm

Stace,
Are you out of work for the duration now? I'm glad they decided on some bedrest, because that seemed to buy you some time with Kayce. Let me know if you need some company one of these days, I'll head over with some new mags or something!
K

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Mon Mar 31, 2008 03:00 pm

Well, at least you're on bedrest, right?!?

I still don't get them not wanting you tracking at home. Did the PERI actually say this????????????? (sorry, I could keep adding question marks because, well, it just makes no sense to me!)

Here's to many more long boring weeks of bedrest, at home, with your oh so slow modem!!!

bellemama

Postby bellemama » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:19 am

Grrr...so frustrating for you! There was a nurse at my drs. who I swear had a hearing problem. She ALWAYS got much, much lower readings than anyone else with the manual.

I hope you get to talk to the peri soon!

jana m

Postby jana m » Sat Mar 29, 2008 05:33 pm

I'm with Amy on this one. Simmer?? What are you a pot of soup??

Keep raising a stink until you feel comfortable with what's being done!

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Fri Mar 28, 2008 09:49 pm

They are going to let you simmer????? And this is a peri?????? I am speechless!!!!

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Fri Mar 28, 2008 03:34 pm

I'm with Jana - just don't test them?
It would be one thing if you walked in there with three pages of pressures (seriously, I had kept all mine ((and I was guilty of measuring multiple times a day!!)) where you were testing, testing, testing all the time but COME ON.

It is sad, but, the quality of medical care in any practice is completely dependent upon who you luck up with when you are seen by many.

-Amanda

lynnekay

Postby lynnekay » Fri Mar 28, 2008 01:18 pm

What a bunch of HOOEY!!! Wow, why don't you tell the non-helpful resident to not breathe when she is at home :-)

I am wanting to travel to your town and visit the resident and practice my Taekwondo round kicks to her thick head (LOL)

Sorry you are getting the run around... Follow your instincts and continue to check at home and make a big stink at your peri's office :-)

Return to “Ask the Experienced”