On way to L&D *UPDATE*

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
mandy0913

Re : On way to L&D *UPDATE*

Postby mandy0913 » Sun May 10, 2009 12:08 am

I had a blast setting up nursery! I love to paint, so I did some painting with some craft paints, of flowers and vines, and her name over the crib...John moved the furniture around and got things organized in the closets. It was so much fun! I am going to get back in there today and do some more.

I am feeling okay now, luckily I have some Reglan left over from the last round of antibiotics a few months ago, so that is helping. It makes me very tired though, and with so much I want to get done, that doesn't help. I would much rather be tired than sick to my stomach though, so I will take it :)

Thanks again!!

susheli

Postby susheli » Sun May 10, 2009 03:47 am

I'm so glad to read your updates and hear that you and Matthew are feeling better. Antibiotics (I assume your treatment for the UTI) can make you feel yucky, especially the older ones they prescribe in pregnancy ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))), I had a course too with Aurelia and remember feeling very nauseous. Try taking the tablets only with lots of food (if you can eat lots now...).
Hope those last days do fly .... you're so close now!!!! :) Hope you had fun setting up a girly nursery :)

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Sat May 09, 2009 07:22 pm

I was glad to hear the update. I hope you're feeling better soon. Sounds like you will be meeting your baby girl soon!

mandy0913

Postby mandy0913 » Sat May 09, 2009 06:03 pm

That is what I am hoping for. This medication really sucks though :(, it makes me terribly nauseous (sp?, can anyone really spell that word, lol)....I read that UTI's can cause PTL, so perhaps that is what is going on.

Matthew is feeling a little better, last night was pretty rough, his fever jumped up to almost 103 and he was sick to his stomach. Today has been better though, it appears his fever may be gone, though I know the evenings are the worst for any type of respiratory problems.

I am feeling better, still having trouble breathing but I am better than I was. Plus it is unbelievably humind here today and that is making it difficult since we have the whole house opened up (save on power ;).

I have 18 days to go, I wish them to FLYYYYYY. We got in the nursery today and did some things, it is almost ready. I am lacking only a few non-essential items at this point, hopefully we can pick those up this week coming.

Thanks for the responses guys.

catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby catherine » Sat May 09, 2009 03:25 pm

It's possible that treating your UTI will help with those exhausting contractions/irritability. They're known to contribute to the development of pre-term labor... so perhaps this will help and the two of you can get to feeling better fast.

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Fri May 08, 2009 08:45 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry your son has pneumonia, but so glad to hear that you don't! Almost there, Mandy! <3

hope08

Postby hope08 » Fri May 08, 2009 08:43 pm

I'm glad to hear that you and baby are well.So sorry to hear about your little guy I hope that he has a speedy recovery and makes it to his end of the year parties.Take care.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Fri May 08, 2009 08:35 pm

Well I'm glad things are...kind of ok with you. No baby on it's way at least!! That's a big something!! Hang in there. (((HUGS))) to you and Matthew.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Fri May 08, 2009 08:26 pm

wow - that is a mixed bag. I am glad that you don't have the flu or pnemonia, but am sorry about the UTI and you little guy - hopefully he will bounce back quickly.

19 days and counting....

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Fri May 08, 2009 05:36 pm

Oh goodness - just what you did *not* need right now!!! Hang in there. PBS for you and your fam.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”