Tubal during c-section?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
hannahsmom

Re : Tubal during c-section?

Postby hannahsmom » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:31 am

Thanks, girls! I feel better. When I saw my OB when I found out I was pregnant, the first thing I said was - please tie my tubes during the c-section. I was on the fence about #2 for 8 years. Now that #2 is on the way, I am finished forever. Plus, I will be 35 at the time of delivery, so I cannot go through these risks again with the age mixed in on top of it. Even though I am getting a tubal, I am also going to ask my husband to get a vasectomy just to be sure :) Can you tell that I do not like being pregnant??? The reward at the end is wonderful, but two is plenty for me. This is funny coming from a person who was one of 7 children and who has 22 nieces and nephews. I was fine with one child, but I am glad we are having number two. Thanks again for all of the input!

mother bear

Postby mother bear » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:07 am

My ob tried to push it on me during my second. It wasn't a hard push, though he did suggest vasectomy when I said no. I think I scare him. There's always tubal ligation syndrome... for the statistical weirdos. I'm still on the fence about having it done with the third (and there WILL be a third), but I'm leaning towards it. It's the whole lovenox and morning sickness and sleepless nights and the risks of multiple c-sections and the risks of dying due to pregnancy complications versus um well more babies, which, you gotta admit, they're really cute and loveable, until they turn into teenagers when you pray that they are no longer quite so "cute and loveable". My other birth control options are... uh... paraguard (woohoo! 13 day periods!), condoms (yeah, really intimate and reliable there), or vasectomy.

dbronson

Postby dbronson » Fri Jun 05, 2009 07:55 am

I did it and had no problems at all. Actually, this was my third c-section and the least painful by far.

jayme

Postby jayme » Fri Jun 05, 2009 04:47 am

My dr keeps asking me if I'm sure I don't want it done LOL
He has been pushing it on me.

genevieved

Postby genevieved » Fri Jun 05, 2009 01:47 am

I'm getting mine tied this time. It's so much easier when they already have you open, rather than you having to go back for another surgery.

julie f

Postby julie f » Fri Jun 05, 2009 00:40 am

Getting mine tied with this C-section as well and have also been told not to expect anything different than my previous two.

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:59 pm

I think if I hadn't asked for it, my OB probably would have encouraged it! In fact, I was glad she was the doc doing my c/s because I know she doesn't want me to be pregnant again! I have my boy and my girl after 2 very complicated pregnancies and know that getting my tubes tied was the right decision. In fact, we are considering getting DH snipped too just to be extra safe.

mrsjrmiller

Postby mrsjrmiller » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:31 pm

Did anyone's dr. have an issue with it? I was planning on talking otmy dr. at my appointment next week and letting him know that I want to go that route... I do not think he would give me grief but wondering if anyone's thought it was not a good idea??

mlcoltrain

Postby mlcoltrain » Thu Jun 04, 2009 05:41 pm

I will be going through this also with the planned c-section for my son. Our doc said we had to make the decision before I was 32wks, because they figure after that point your emotions are completly out of whack and it could be said you are making the decision underduress. I had to watch something a sign a consent form agreeing to it. My DH and I talked a lot about this, he is more worried about what another pregnancy could do to me health wise more than anything. He was more then ready to stop after DD, but I know he wanted a son (though another girl would be fine) and since we know what to look for and have a better doc this time around we decided to try. My Doc said it isn't any more painful then a normal c-section, they are already messing around with you in there anyway (my words not hers).

mandy0913

Postby mandy0913 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 04:53 pm

To tell you the truth, I have to remind myself that I had it done. I really don't feel that much different than I did with my first section, honestly. The only minor difference is having my bladder nicked. I am having problems with painful bathroom trips, but that is it. The only thing I am dealing with now is doubting on whether or not I should have done it. It is amazing how quickly all the worry goes away. I know I did the right thing, though. I think. :(

Return to “Pregnant Again?”