I had my first High risk appointment

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
maribel01

Re : I had my first High risk appointment

Postby maribel01 » Mon Nov 09, 638939 6:27 pm

I see. Thanks for the response and info. I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. I hope you don't get it again and I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

sckitzo

Postby sckitzo » Mon Nov 09, 638939 5:38 am

Because have had severe PE twice now and both were early onset. My daughter at 33 weeks, and my son who we lost at 23 weeks. More then likely I will get PE again, but we will try to hold it off as long as possible. Some of the new studies have shown that LDA can lower your risk of PE, and possibly extend a PE pregnancy on average by about a week and a half. In the case of my son that week and a half could have saved his life. Every pregnancy is different, but I want every advantage I can get.

maribel01

Postby maribel01 » Wed Oct 28, 638939 11:39 pm

Sounds like they are following you very closely, which is great! Mind me asking why you are on low dose aspirin?

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sat Oct 17, 638939 2:03 am

Yeah for perfect bp!

It sounds like everything is going great - don't worry about the exact due date too much.

Take care.

sckitzo

I had my first High risk appointment

Postby sckitzo » Fri Oct 16, 638939 10:40 pm

On Monday I had my first high risk appointment. It went ok, my BP was perfect. I was told to stay on lose dose aspirin, but for now we are holding off on doing and blood thinners, because of the latest research. I am on a prenatal (morning sickness permitting), vit d, calcium, fish oil, and b6 for morning sickness.

Still a little confusion on my due date. For now he is sticking with March 30, 2011. But it could be as late as April 4th, so he will wait until the next ultra sound in four weeks and decide for sure. My last ultrasound on the 18th measured baby at 7 weeks 2 days, so according to that I would be 8 weeks 2 days today, but according to my last period I would be 9 weeks today, so not sure.

I have another ultrasound in four weeks, so at 12 or 13 weeks along, here they will be looking at growth, and blood flow, and things like that. Then we plan to do another ultrasound at 16/17 weeks for growth, and blood flow, then every two weeks unless something comes up. With my daughter, first pregnancy they started questioning growth restriction at 18 weeks, but did nothing about it. But hopefully this babe will grow just fine and I will have a long boring pregnancy. Is there anything else that I should be asking this doctor to do as far as monitoring?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”