Eidie Grey has arrived! 36 weeks, no pre-e!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
froggie89

Re : Eidie Grey has arrived! 36 weeks, no pre-e!

Postby froggie89 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 03:19 pm

Congrats!!! Welcome Eidie!!

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Tue Oct 02, 2007 09:49 am

Congratulations! So glad you did not get PE! Lets hope those pressures stay low too!

dynamicdoula

Postby dynamicdoula » Tue Oct 02, 2007 03:40 am

We go home tomorrow. :) And pooping wasn't bad, I was just grateful it happened! lol

My doc has me coming in daily for a bp check - today it was 140/85. I'm on lasiks, nifedipine and atenolol, he says that the BP will stay at this level for a while and then start to go down. I hope he's right. :)

love to all!

lucy

Postby lucy » Tue Oct 02, 2007 00:45 am

Congratulations, hope shes home soon!

heather100

Postby heather100 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:08 am

How amazing that she is not on O2 or anything! That's great! I bet you two will be home soon. I hope you recover fast as well.

michellelhuston

Postby michellelhuston » Sun Sep 30, 2007 04:00 pm

Congratulations! Eidie and my ds share the same birthday! I hope that you are all able to go home soon!

alaskamommy

Postby alaskamommy » Sat Sep 29, 2007 04:01 pm

Kristina congratulations! I am so happy for you and little Eidie - what a gorgeous name! Thank God your doc is watching you and that headache (believe me I empathize with you on that one!). As far as the poop thing (and I can't believe I'm saying this), I was so terrified that I put it off for a week. Then when I knew I couldn't put it off any longer, I took an extra pain pill and waited for it to take effect first, LOL. yes, I know I'm a goober, but hey, whatever works, right? =D I hope you are back at home and holding that sweet little one very soon.

Looking forward to that picture too!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:29 am

LOL! The bathroom visit won't be nearly as traumatic as you may imagine - I did both times before leaving the hospital - you won't pop anything!

I'm glad to hear Eidie is doing well! Hope your pressures start behaving!

dynamicdoula

Postby dynamicdoula » Sat Sep 29, 2007 07:29 am

Everyone,

Thank you for the lovely comments! I am still in the hospital- my body just isn't wanting to let go of the meds without putting up a fight. Had my first real "headache" (remember my previous question? I'm laughing now... lol) and KNEW it wasn't right. Pulse was up to 85 too, and my doc felt that maybe reducing the Atenolol wasn't a good idea just yet. So I'm back up to 100mg and I'm also on nifedipine (sp?). I'm peeing buckets though, he's happy with my output but these headaches truly do suck. So I may be discharged tomorrow, I may be here all weekend- hard to say. I think he wants to see if the nifedipine does the trick and so far my BP's and pulse are in a more normal range. I won't leave the hospital though, Eidie is still in the nursery and they'll 'board' me until she goes home, which means I can pop in to my doc's office daily for BP checks. Convenient! ;)

Eidie is doing great, she doesn't so far have any real prematurity issues other than just being sleepy. She got a touch jaundiced but she was already feeding every 3 hours for over 24 hours so she had low 'high' bilis and it's already coming down. We'll see what her bili is in the morning. In the meantime, my milk is coming in and I'm trying to get in a schedule of feed/pump/sleep. It's literally all I do. At some point I would love to poop altho I'm a little scared to at the same time. LOL

Just checking in quickly before I go back to sleep, hope everyone is well. :)

michelle_chandler

Postby michelle_chandler » Fri Sep 28, 2007 02:14 pm

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pics of the little one.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”