Luke broke 5 LBs!!!

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
whosures

Re : Luke broke 5 LBs!!!

Postby whosures » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:33 am

That is wonderful news!! Congratulations.

christine lyn

Postby christine lyn » Thu Dec 22, 2005 05:32 pm

Go Luke!!! Sounds like Luke is doing good. Stacy I know how you feel also. Welcome and Happy Holiday's

wcarder

Postby wcarder » Wed Dec 21, 2005 08:53 am

This is great news. You are sounding so much better too. Thank you for keeping us updated. Hope things continue to go well!

jenchar

Postby jenchar » Tue Dec 20, 2005 06:04 pm

Yay Luke! That is fabulous news. As a mom to a former micropreemie, I'm well aware of how much each ounce means to us NICU mommies!

[:)][:D][8D][:D][:)][:D][8D]

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Tue Dec 20, 2005 01:29 pm

Hi stacy, it's nice to meet you, and congrats on the lil' bundle of joy!!

As a mom of a former preemie, I remember it like yesterday when we had our 5 lb party. I don't know what it is about the golden number of 5, but there is something special about it.
Congratulations! Cheers to 5 more!

Jenn

miracle3

Postby miracle3 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:51 am

Congratulations on the weight gain!!!! Scary birth experiences sneak up on me. My daughter didn't spend a long time in the NICU but I often think how different things could have turned out!!

slettie

Postby slettie » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:58 am

Taryn: Well, well said. See, that's why I keep coming here :)

Lucy: Just noticed your "addition" - congratulations! I hope everything goes perfectly for you.

Thanks all - will keep you "posted"!

thw75

Postby thw75 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 08:02 am

Yey, that 5 lbs mark is a big one :).

"When I look back on the last 11 weeks, I am at the same time so sad and angry for all we lost in terms of "normalcy" and joy in his birth. I know there are many here who can relate to those feelings. I know in time they will fade, but right now its still a little raw. DOn't get me wrong, I am thrilled he's on the right track, but even so ." --- I know EXACTLY how you feel. We had our dd in the NICU for 10 weeks and spent another 3 1/2 mos home on oxygen and another year in isolation at home so I totally hear you. Its been 3 years and I'm still angry inside about being 'cheated' out of a 'normal' pregnancy/baby situation. To be honest, that is part of why we went for #2 .. a second chance for me to do what a 'normal' mom does. lol Sounds nutz but its the truth. Your feelings are totally valid and understandable. The fuzzy pink haze of having a baby is ripped away when you are watching a little one struggle for life in the hospital and can't do anything to help him or her. For a long time I couldn't even talk to people with 'normal' babies because I was so mad on the inside.

But, on the other hand, we are blessed to have our babies at home with us at any point....and compared to the years of being parents, a few months of hospitalization is a drop in the bucket. I am very thankful each day that I have a little monster to hold and hug when other folks went thru the experience of having a baby but don't get to see that child grow up.

Everyone says time flies....it does....but those early memories of the scary first days stays with you for a long time. We took our dd and neice to see Sesame Street Live over this weekend, and as the show started and I saw Kay's face light up watching it I just totally lost it and was sitting in my seat sobbing. Why??? Because I was struck very suddenly with the realization that part of me didn't ever believe we would make it to her being old enough to enjoy something like that. The emotional toll of the prematurity strikes now and again at odd times.

All the best! Taryn

julie f

Postby julie f » Tue Dec 20, 2005 03:45 am

Go Luke!!!!!!! That's wonderful news!

lucy

Postby lucy » Tue Dec 20, 2005 03:24 am

I am so glad he is doing well. Sending many warm wishes your way. Keep us updated.

Return to “Parents of Preemies”