Anyone find it hard?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
jennieexpo

Re : Anyone find it hard?

Postby jennieexpo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:30 pm

It was pretty fast both times for me, but I think my hubby and I for some reason must be extremely fertile it usually happens withinthe first month fir us. I think it just depends on you and your mans make- up and I've heard stress can affect it a lot. So positive thinking does a world of good before and during pregnancy, I just wish I could remember that with this 2nd pregnancy :( Good Luck with your appointment with MFM- and ask lots of questions:)

marialynn242

Postby marialynn242 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 09:56 pm

Thanks everyone! And I do have a pre consult with a MFM!

lauchlan

Postby lauchlan » Wed Sep 01, 2010 02:22 pm

I would also strongly recommend a pre-consult with a high risk OB or MFM prior to TTC. We had trouble conceiving with both my daughter & with this pregnancy (although the miscarriage was an Oops), but this last time around was much harder. Partially due to age (I was 33 vs. 27) and also due to the clotting disorder they found. I had to be on extra folic acid & LDA for at least 3 months prior to getting the go-ahead to TTC, and then Clomid didn't work for us the 2nd time so we had to switch to Femara... all of which took another few months.

Also... being pregnant during the summer is a piece of cake (at least in Michigan!) because you don't have to wear a coat or dress in layers. AND summer maternity stuff is so much cuter!

Good luck with TTC!

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:54 am

Getting all the pre-consult stuff done will help a lot, you def should have that before ttc anyways. Some of the blood disorders make it hard to get pregnant/stay pregnant. One thing I was told was that I would end up having miscarriages and id be lucky to keep a pregnancy.

marialynn242

Postby marialynn242 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 09:11 am

Haha and I feel old im 21 and havent went out to drink I just work take care of James and clean ( I feel like im older lol) And no I havent got bloodtest yet but im getting married sept 25(thats also when ill get on his insurance) and I have an appt for October 8 which seeemms so far away for the blood test and ill hopefully be pregnant by the end of October. I have a plan of when I want the due date to be because I dont want to be pregnant to long in the summer! lol

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Wed Sep 01, 2010 04:54 am

I didnt have any problems getting pregnant my problem is staying pregnant and then not getting PE and HELLP.
Have you been tested for blood disorders? Like Protein S and things like that?

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Tue Aug 31, 2010 05:25 pm

Some of us who become of an "advanced age" between pregnancies have more difficulty, but it's because of our age, or because of a health issue that goes along with age. I'm concerned about this as well. I was 28 with my first (and got pregnant on birth control due to food poisoning), but will be 33 soon, and probably 34 or so if we have another - so significantly older ;-) You are pretty young, so assuming you haven't gotten diagnosed with any health problems since your pregnancy with James Anthony, I wouldn't be too worried.

marialynn242

Anyone find it hard?

Postby marialynn242 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 03:50 pm

Anyone find it hard to concieve after having severe PE? I was 18 and on birth control when I got pregnant but I was taking antibiotics so my birth control wasnt working. But I always thought I must not have a problem with fertility til I started getting ready to try! Now I havent tried to get pregnant yet but I am at the end of september and was just wandering if anyone found they had difficulty getting pregnant after getting easily pregnant the first time? OH yeah im 21 now

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”