What IS this? Thoughts?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
paige_va

Re : What IS this? Thoughts?

Postby paige_va » Sun Feb 04, 2007 03:00 pm

Heather,
Glad to hear you're feeling better. If the pain comes back, though, you should seriously think about going into L&D or at least calling your doctor. I hope that this was just a ramdom gas attack. Please let us know what your doctor says on Tuesday!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sun Feb 04, 2007 01:49 pm

Okay, well, I think it was gas [:I] - not that there was any evidence of it (sorry tmi!), but still. Also, I should add that I'm a mere 5'2 and most of that is legs so this poor child has no room except what she can force under my ribs and hips...ouch for both of us. I think my whole abdominal area is cramped and pinched so gas makes sense. I told DH I think she's got to be at least 30 inches long doubled over! [:)] I guess discomfort will just be a way of life now, for awhile. I woke today feeling fine, and skipped the breakfast cereal that I think caused this little "incident," and so far so good. I think I'll still mention it Tuesday, just to be safe.

laceyboggess

Postby laceyboggess » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:39 am

I know that sometimes they say that your abs can start to seperate because of the pressure of the baby and that it hurts. It isn't serious just uncomfortable. But, if you are experiencing a lot of pain and it will not go away, I would definately call your doc or head into L&D. Better safe than sorry!

bonnie
Forum Moderator

Postby bonnie » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:12 am

Heather, you know what I'm going to say . . . if in doubt, call your doc [;)]. If I was worried, I would call today instead of building up any anxiety and waiting until Tuesday (or at least I pretend that I would call [:I]).

staceyc

Postby staceyc » Sun Feb 04, 2007 09:20 am

Heather

I have never had anything like this either. If it persists I would call your Dr or go to L&D...

Please let us know how you are doing....

Stacey

heatedheart

Postby heatedheart » Sun Feb 04, 2007 08:15 am

Hi Heather,

Never experienced your symptoms before. If it continues, I would go to the hospital to get checked out. Just like D'Arcy said...better to be safe.

Hope everything is ok. Keep us posted!

darcynulph

Postby darcynulph » Sun Feb 04, 2007 00:02 am

If you are really concerned go to ob triage at your local hospital, it is better to be safe.

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:44 pm

Heather,
It could be gas. I have never had anything like that...sorry I don't have any advice for you. I would tell the dr. about it on Tuesday but if it keeps getting worse call them earlier than that.
Best of luck to you!!

heather j
Forum Moderator

What IS this? Thoughts?

Postby heather j » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:27 pm

So all day I've had this awful stomach pain. It feels like it's directly beneath my skin, like my stomach is going to split open. It's only about 2-3 inches above my belly button, and it doesn't feel like epigastric/URQ. My bp has been fine; I've been checking it regularly. No visual issues or headaches - can you tell I'm paranoid? Baby has been moving fine. I've been taking prilosec for heartburn...could this be gas?! [:0] I mean, it feels like it could be, but MAN it hurts...and more importantly, why won't it go away? I go in Tuesday, so I'll mention it to be safe. In the meantime, any experience with such pains? And what did you DO?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”