First trimester screening

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
froggie89

Re : First trimester screening

Postby froggie89 » Mon May 22, 2006 07:43 pm

I'm so sorry Melissa. I hope that the amnio comes out okay. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted.

rebecca

Postby rebecca » Mon May 22, 2006 04:16 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry. I've been waiting for an update and hoping it was good news. I know you must know all the stats and the false positives, but since I'm in the "late 30s" category, we've been sent to genetic counselling and after looking at all their stuff, I feel better than I did before I went! The chances that the baby is fine far outweighs the chance that he/she is not. I am really, really praying for you guys. Please let us know when you get any news.

Hugs,

eliz

Postby eliz » Mon May 22, 2006 12:24 am

I'm so sorry you have this extra stress. I'm having my nuchal test tomorrow, and I'm worried about extra intervention and false positives. There's been talk about false positives being more common in people who get PE, but I don't know if that's specifically positive for one particular thing (I thought I remembered it being related to neural tube defects), or if it's even true. It's nice that medicine has advanced enough to diagnose and treat babies in utero (for example, for spina bifida), but isn't it stressful to go through the screenings?!

Good luck with the amnio.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Mon May 22, 2006 12:10 am

Oh, Mel, what a shame. I'm hoping the amnio goes smoothly. Take care.

miracle3

Postby miracle3 » Mon May 22, 2006 10:21 am

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope the amnio shows great results!!

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Mon May 22, 2006 10:20 am

So sorry Melissa. I hope that things will come back just fine.

mel h.

Postby mel h. » Mon May 22, 2006 09:58 am

Bloodwork came back on Friday and puts me in the high-risk category, so it looks like I'll be having an amnio in a few weeks to make sure there's nothing wrong with the baby. I will only be 31 at delivery, but the docs said this new info puts me in the same risk category as a late 30s-40-year-old. Guess it was too much to expect for things to go smoothly with this pregnancy, eh? Darn it.

season
Forum Moderator

Postby season » Wed May 17, 2006 06:24 pm

So sorry that you alrady have worries to face with the pregnancy. I hope you get good news withe the blood work and can move on to a stress free (OK less stressful) pregnancy.

mikeys mom

Postby mikeys mom » Wed May 17, 2006 03:26 pm

I hope that everything turns out okay. I know exactly what your husband is talking about though. I think we had the same thoughts when all my tests were coming back abnormal with Mikey. Good luck.

rebecca

Postby rebecca » Wed May 17, 2006 02:15 pm

Melissa - I'm praying so hard for you on this one. I am so sorry that with everything that you have already gone through, you have to worry about this. Please let us know when you have any information.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”