I need help on what to ask my Hematologist

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here
missingjasper

Re : I need help on what to ask my Hematologist

Postby missingjasper » Mon Apr 12, 2010 07:51 am

That's wonderful you found a wonderful Hematologisy. Mine is the best. I'm a little afraid to see his reaction to the blood clot I had in Jasper's placenta. When I was pregnant with Jasper he was so proactive and wonderful. If it wasn't for him knowing to send me to the hospital with the high B/P, low platelet counts, and high liver enzymes I would probably not be here right now. I will ask about the Anemia as well.

atvlady

Re : I need help on what to ask my Hematologist

Postby atvlady » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:07 pm

I have Hashimoto's also. I saw a Hematologist last week about my chronic fatigue and BW being off. I have been found to have Acquired Hemolytic Anemia. If you had HELLP, I would suggest you ask him if you have any Anemia. Best of luck! I really love my Hematologist and I have a feeling he will be playing a good, positive role in my next pregnancy.

missingjasper

I need help on what to ask my Hematologist

Postby missingjasper » Sun Apr 11, 2010 09:23 pm

I go see him tomorrow and am wondering if there is anything that I may be forgetting to ask. I will be asking him about my lower than normal platelet counts and why did Jasper's placenta develop a blood clot if I was on Lovenox? I will also be asking him about some blood work that I should get done like the Antiphospholipid syndrome because I can not find it in any of my labs even though I now I had it done and I want him to look for the LCHAD mutation. I want to talk to him about my liver enzymes. The lab work I had done in Oct showed normal, but you can never be to sure. I do feel like I'm forgetting something. Any Suggestion? Thanks in advance.

I do have Factor V (Homozygous) and cardiolipin antibodies (slightly elevated) all other cardiolipin test were normal and hashimoto's thyroiditis.

Return to “HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders”