Long term affects from HELLP?

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here
l412angel

Re : Long term affects from HELLP?

Postby l412angel » Wed Nov 13, 638920 2:59 pm

Yah let me know what your Vit D levels are/were?

atvlady

Postby atvlady » Mon Nov 04, 638920 4:25 pm

You can VD supplements OTC. You just have to make sure you know how much you need to take.

That is how I started out....I really high dose of one pill once a week but I haven't been rechecked yet.

The true reading if the OTC stuff is good enough or not is by what your BW says. I get all of my vitamins and such from vitacost.com They are cheap but carry good stuff and some hard to find stuff.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Mon Nov 04, 638920 4:20 pm

The Vit D is that a perscription?

Mine is liek 50,000 mg or something crazy one pill once a week for a month...then I get rechecked...if its still low they will do the meds again...if it normalizes I can take OTC vit D.

My Vit D is 22. I guess it should be around 30 and some doc even say 50.

My Doc said OTC stuff is not enough...but thats just my doc

atvlady

Postby atvlady » Mon Nov 04, 638920 4:04 pm

Laura...not sure. I go Monday to get my levels on my VD, liver and several others retested. I am taking 2,000 I.U. of VD3 everyday. I have left my food consumption the same. I will let you know what my levels are Monday evening when I get my results. I was told that low VD can give you fatigue but I started supplementing well before I had my GB out and still had the fatigue but it kept getting worse. I will dig out what my VD levels were before and now :) Of course you will hear me whine about it on FB LOL

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Mon Nov 04, 638920 3:55 pm

Hey Delissa was your Vit D ever resolved? A lot of what your describe your having is in my Vit D deficiancy book im reading!

atvlady

Postby atvlady » Mon Sep 16, 638920 7:56 pm

Thanks Laura. After much digging into my medical files, I have discovered that my RBC, Hemats and MPV is concictently staying low. I just had my GB removed on 2-10 and have had this weird "fatigue" that has been lurking around for weeks before I had my GB removed. I felt fine for a week to several days and now it seems to be moving back in, but only a little. This is SO incredibly weird! I have found a hepatologist but unfortunatley I have to travel 4 hours :( I am going to call the hospital in a few days and see if I can work with one of the hepats there via video conferencing and let him work with my GI doc and Internist. I see my Internest in 2 weeks about my blood being low and a follow up appointment on my liver levels. One thing I have learned that has made a difference in my care, is getting with drs that are familiar with pre-e and espcialy HELLP. At this point I don't know if HELLP has caused long term damage or that it has uncovered something that has been lurking within me but at this point in time, I think I am having long term affects, who says I haven't. My GI doc wants to see it in B&W proving there is no long term affects. I am with him. Thanks for the help!

laura

Postby laura » Tue Jul 09, 638920 7:32 am

Delissa, I'm not a Hellper, but hopefully I can repeat what I've heard previously until one of the others chimes in- my favorite source says that the liver is continuously regenerating- in that the liver you had six months ago is not the same one as now. this far out, you probably hould see a hepatologist and see if there are any other underlying factors that are still giving you troubles.

atvlady

Long term affects from HELLP?

Postby atvlady » Mon Jun 17, 638920 7:58 am

Any of you have trouble with your liver 6 months or more after HELLP? Trouble with pain, liver enzymes elevated, platelets low or trouble with hemats? My AST and ALT levels have been roller coastering 8 months PP and my MPV is consistently low and my Hemats are low. I do have liver pain but had my GB removed and so far no pain.

Return to “HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders”