Feeling discouraged......after chat today

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here
onesock

Re : Feeling discouraged......after chat today

Postby onesock » Sun Dec 06, 638308 2:10 pm

woohoo..congratulations!!!

bellemama

Postby bellemama » Thu Nov 26, 638308 9:17 am

Congrats on your pg! I won't lie to you, my second pg was very stressful and I really wish I had been able to relax and enjoy it more, as it is my last one. But I got a healthy, wonderful baby out of it.

Wishing you smooth sailing and a healthy, safe 9 months!

raspbeari

Postby raspbeari » Sun Nov 15, 638308 12:48 am

congratulations on being pregnant!

I love that about everyone having opinions and a$$holes. so true.

moreheadcity

Postby moreheadcity » Sat Nov 14, 638308 3:17 am

Thanks girls. First OB app is tomorrow, given my history, i guess they want baselines. The nurse asked me when I started with problems with Anna (seeing a different doctor!) and I said 20 weeks for bp, 29 with HELLP. So, she's like, well, we'll see you tomorrow at 9!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO------------I'll keep u posted. Don't know what they could do besides bloodwork etc.....so, we'll see!

brooklynsmom

Postby brooklynsmom » Fri Nov 13, 638308 7:25 pm

Trust your Dr.'s. I did have HELLP in my first pregnancy, and delivered a 34 weeker...small but did okay also. My second pregnancy I was on pins and needles the entire time, checked my bp like a crazy woman, and had NO bp issues, pre-e, or HELLP. My peri gave me a 25% chance of a "normal" pregnancy, and a rare chance of getting HELLP again. I did get gestational diabetes, but I will take that ANY day over pre-e! All you can do is be proactive, shut your ears to what anyone but your Dr. says, because everyone does have a$$holes and opinions, I completely agree. There is no going back now!:) Good luck and keep us posted!

quincyf

Postby quincyf » Fri Nov 13, 638308 4:25 pm

Congratulations! Now take a deep breath. It's a long road ahead, best met as serenely as possible. I had severe PreE and then class I HELLP. DD was a 34 weeker born Aug 2004. Small but did ok. Pregnant again and about 21 weeks. Currently awaiting results of some tests for underlying disorders. Not doing anything special for this pregnancy except checking BP and protein at home.

I guess that nurse from your preschooler group is going to have to eat her words huh?

I am excited for you!

Quincy

moreheadcity

Postby moreheadcity » Mon Nov 02, 638308 9:25 pm

WELL JUST FOUND OUT TODAY THAT I'M PREGNANT SO---------GUESS IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS AFTER ALL HUH??????????????? NOW I'M SCARED. ANY HELLP SURVIVORS WITH SUBSEQUENT PREGANCIES ADVICE NEEDED.

anthonyleah12

Postby anthonyleah12 » Mon Nov 02, 638308 9:05 pm

Niki, I couldn't agree with you more.... oh and I love that movie!! How are things with you?!

bellemama

Postby bellemama » Sun Nov 01, 638308 10:55 pm

My OB said the same thing to me immediately before and after delivery of my son (because dealing with an emergency csection and a preemie wasn't enough, thanks). I think it was more because I was her first HELLP patient ever and she was completely freaked by the experience.

My next OBs deliver an average of one HELLP patient a year, and have many with PE/PIH. They never tell a woman not to get pg again, but refer her on to the perinatogists to see if there is an underlying cause.

You've done your research and made an informed decision. Don't let someone who isn't as informed as you probably are, despite that she is a nurse, make you second-guess yourself.

dohertyab

Postby dohertyab » Fri Oct 09, 638308 5:30 pm

Well I can tell you that I had my HELLP babies at 29 weeks and 4 years later had another baby at 36 weeks with no HELLP. As everyone has said, make sure there aren't underlying conditions and that you've got a good doctor you trust. I was followed very closely during the second pregnancy and was a bit of a basket case, but ah Maeve is soooo cute and really it wasn't a difficult pregnancy, just stressful. As they say here "know the symptoms and TRUST YOURSELF."

Return to “HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders”