Want to help improve preeclampsia care for moms, babies, and families in NC?

laney_p
Forum Moderator

Re: Want to help improve preeclampsia care for moms, babies, and families in NC?

Postby laney_p » Wed Aug 17, 2016 05:40 pm

Hey Tara,

Although the Forum is a great place to post, we actually recommend working through email for a geo-targeted opportunity like this. I believe we've connected before via email, so I'll hit you up there with more information.

Best wishes,
Laney
Director of Community Relations for the Preeclampsia Foundation
*does not provide any medical advice*
for more information, please visit www.preeclampsia.org

La Directora de las Relaciones con la Comunidad
*no ofrece consejo médico*
Se habla español
Para mas información, por favor visite: www.preeclampsia.org/es

Tarabs26

Want to help improve preeclampsia care for moms, babies, and families in NC?

Postby Tarabs26 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 05:01 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am working on a project to improve care for women with preeclampsia and their families. There are 24 hospitals across North Carolina participating in this project and we are looking for patients/family members who received prenatal/delivery/postpartum care in North Carolina to share their health care experiences related to preeclampsia. If you're interested in learning more, please contact me directly at tara.bristol@pqcnc.org. You can find information about our organization and the work we do here: www.pqcnc.org.

On a personal note, I am also a mom who experienced preeclampsia... My son, Jack, was born at 27 weeks weighing 1lb. 13oz. - he spent 83 days in the NICU at UNC Chapel Hill; I spent 11 days inpatient while they tried to get my blood pressure under control. After many years of therapy and support, he is now a healthy, happy, intelligent 11-year-old who is about to start middle school! :)

Thanks for listening and I hope to hear from you soon.

Warmly,
Tara

Tara Bristol Rouse
Director of Patient and Family Partnerships
Perinatal Quality Collaborative of North Carolina
www.pqcnc.org
tara.bristol@pqcnc.org

Return to “North Carolina”