Brand new from Owensboro ky

KetchupSpud

Re: Brand new from Owensboro ky

Postby KetchupSpud » Sun Jan 25, 2015 08:43 pm

Great news! Congrats!!
Mama to Logan Patrick (8/23/14-8/26/14) & Bryce Anthony (8/23/14-9/13/14), frateral twins born at 23w5d due to severe pre-e turning into HELLP.
Hoping for a rainbow in Sept '16.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Sun Jan 25, 2015 07:21 pm

That is great news - sturdy baby and a healthy mama.
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy

BjørnWithChallenges

Postby BjørnWithChallenges » Sun Jan 25, 2015 07:18 pm

Bjorn is coming home tomorrow. He had no struggles other than jaundice. He's a perfect little baby and very strong. I've had no other complications so far from the preeclampsia, and I have my first follow up postpartum appointment tomorrow

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Magnesium does that, but it is lifesaving. Keep us posted as you recover; you've got a lot to process and we might help.

Welcome Earthside to your little one!
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy

KetchupSpud

Postby KetchupSpud » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:02 pm

Congrats on a healthy baby!! :)
Mama to Logan Patrick (8/23/14-8/26/14) & Bryce Anthony (8/23/14-9/13/14), frateral twins born at 23w5d due to severe pre-e turning into HELLP.

BjørnWithChallenges

Postby BjørnWithChallenges » Sat Jan 17, 2015 07:08 pm

I was delivered by c section on Friday January 16 because I went to severe. The baby is perfect, magnesium is making me loopy.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Fri Jan 16, 2015 06:27 pm

How are you doing this morning?

BjørnWithChallenges

Postby BjørnWithChallenges » Thu Jan 15, 2015 07:41 am

Last weight check he was about 6.5lbs. His organs all look great, they just don't know about lung function. He's a tough little cookie so I'm willing to bet if he were born tomorrow he'd be perfect. I've been the somewhat unlucky one in the health department.

KetchupSpud

Postby KetchupSpud » Wed Jan 14, 2015 07:44 pm

Not from KY, (I'm in TX), but wanted to say hi and that I was thinking of you! I know how scary it can be - I had pre-e with my first and went from hospital to delivery in 5 days. Now, that was at 23w, not 34, so completely different story. I think it's great that your doctors are monitoring you so carefully. Pre-e gets really scary when it's left unwatched or undiagnosed, so you've already overcome the biggest hurdle. How is Bjorn doing size wise? 34w, while certainly early, is actually a great milestone. Of course getting to 37w would be the best, the odds are astronomically in your favor at 34w. So try to stay positive - your worst case has fantastic outcomes!

I'm so sorry you've already been through so much. Let us know how things go! Good luck!!

BjørnWithChallenges

Brand new from Owensboro ky

Postby BjørnWithChallenges » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:11 am

I live in Owensboro Ky, though my doctors and hospital are in Evansville In. I was just diagnosed with mild preeclampsia on Monday morning and am being kept in the hospital till I'm induced at 37 weeks or I progress to severe status (whichever comes first apparently). This is my first pregnancy and I'll be honest I'm terrified. I already had surgery at 16 weeks to remove a massive dermoid cyst on my ovary. The cyst was as big as my 16 week uterus and growing rapidly. We would have lost the baby if we waited. They took the ovary and tube to be careful too. Bjørn (my baby) and I already survived all that. Now I'm stuck in the hospital for potentially almost a month. I'm 34 weeks and 3 days right now and have no idea what to expect. The mfm doctor said my condition could change by the hour. Thanks, that helps my bp. Anyone from my area on here?

Return to “Kentucky”