Need help:TTC a Girl

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
daniela

Need help:TTC a Girl

Postby daniela » Sun May 08, 2005 12:52 am

Hello,

Please don't think that I am crazy for asking this but I am starting to think about ttc again after 3 years of dealing with severe p/c and emergency c-section at 34 weeks. I have been diagnosed with MTHFR mutation(heterygious or whatever its called)and a blood clot disorder.I have a beautiful healthy 3 year old son and I always saw myself with 3 boys(which I adore) and 1 girl to be close to like I am to my mom. Considering the * that I went through with my first pregnancy, my high-risk doctor told me that I'd be lucky to have just 2 children, so now I have become much more demanding to what I want: a girl to balance our family and that is it, no more children.
Crazy question is: A close freind who just got pregnant with a girl has extra clomid pills she's offering me to take which she swears would guarantee a girl. I have never taken any medication before and would be embarrased to talk about it(the reason of taking it) with my high-risk doctor. Would any of you take this risk? Thanks for your replies!

daniela pittman

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”