Want another one, but...

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Re : Want another one, but...

Postby aajatwins » Mon Sep 27, 2010 01:48 pm

I don't have any experience yet in the second pregnancy part. But I did have a conversation with my OB at my last visit about them keeping a closer eye on me if/when I get pregnant again.

As far as high risk, though, my cousin is pregnant now and 36 yrs old, so she is automatically considered high risk.
Best wishes to you! I know it's scary and makes us nervous to think about doing it all again. Sometimes all we can do is pray.

jennieexpo

Re : Want another one, but...

Postby jennieexpo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 01:22 pm

I'm 12 weeks with my second child and one thing I've come to see is that each pregnancy is different. You might not feel any sickness the second time around . I would recommend finding a good MFM dr. and doing a pre- consult with them. They'll be able to go over your last pregnancy and test for underlying disorders. I'm considered high risk from my dr but it may depend on your experience but your MFM would be able to tell you that and your risk of reoccurrence. Hope that helps:) Good luck and I hope if you do decide to try again that it's a happy healthy pregnancy- pe free!

lizziesmommy2009

Want another one, but...

Postby lizziesmommy2009 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:56 am

Hi all,
My husb and I want to try for a second baby soon but I'm anxious about it. I mean, I WANT another child but my first pregnancy with our daughter wan't very pleasant.

It started with SEVERE nausea and vomiting at about 6 weeks that lasted until 22 weeks (lovely!). Then developed severe preeclampsia at 35.5 weeks approx. Was in hospital for a few days on bedrest and finally had to have a c-section. My daughter was born healthy (but small) and continues to be a healthly little girl at 13 months.

I am afraid that a new pregnancy will be a repeat of the first. Only THIS TIME I will have a toddler to care for! Last time if I felt crappy I could just go to sleep and curl up. Now that won't be possible. And then the whole preeclampsia thing... Honestly with my daughter I didn't realize how serious it was until after when I started researching it.

Oh, also, does anyone know if generally you are considered a 'high risk' pregnancy after having preeclampsia? Just curious. As far as age, I am 33 now but will be 34 or 35 by the time a second baby is born.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”