Classical C-Sections???

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
frogibe

Re : Classical C-Sections???

Postby frogibe » Wed Jul 21, 2010 04:44 pm

Thanks for the info Angie.

angieb

Postby angieb » Wed Jul 21, 2010 03:17 pm

I didn't need assistance but I got pregnant on an 80 day cycle and it did take a bit over a year (but I had only had 4 cycles in that year+ time.)

This time my cycles are much closer to normal (running around 50 days and ovulating most often around day 30, which still isn't fantastic since I'm taking fertility meds, but it's a lot better than 80+ day cycles.)

I'm on metformin and femara this cycle. It has fewer side effects than clomid and my RE believes it's better for PCOS'ers than clomid because it doesn't cause cysts like clomid can. The risk of overstimulating your ovaries on clomid is higher too. So we'll see. I almost always eventually ovulate, even without meds, it's just a matter of how long it will take. The meds at least make it happen sooner than it would later.

frogibe

Postby frogibe » Wed Jul 21, 2010 01:15 am

Angieb- I see you have posted that you have PCOS as well. Did you have to use amy assistance getting pg with your first? Just curious? I know I took Clomid for pg #1. Hoping it works just as well the next time around!

angieb

Postby angieb » Tue Jul 20, 2010 08:23 pm

My ob said 3 months, high risk ob said 6 months, in reality, we started having unprotected sex at 6 weeks postpartum. (I tend to only listen to my doctors when it's convenient as listening to them has caused only a bunch of headaches and drama.) Still not pregnant and we are nearing the one year mark in Sept., so it turned out to be a moot point. The risk of real uterine rupture, even for women that go in labor after classicals, is actually very low.(My doctors told me 1 in 10 chance, but all of the research I have read for myself indicates that the risk is more like 1%, but that was many months ago.)

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 07:07 pm

I was told to wait at least 12 months, I got pregnant less than 6 months after Kylie's birth. I delivered my second baby at 36 weeks.

jenniferf

Postby jenniferf » Sat Jul 17, 2010 01:36 pm

Both my OB and MFM said to wait 6 months to heal from the c-section, but to get as healthy as possible before trying again. Emotionally, I was not ready at that time. We waited 10 months to try again, and I got pregnant at 1 year. Good luck!

sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 00:23 am

Everybody has a different body, medical history and situation. So individual facts and factors are calculated into your personal equation. My age is definitely a factor to shorten the waiting time. And who knows what else they considered.

I definitely will stick to my doctors' recommendations, since I am too worried about adding extra risks like uterine rupture, which you are at higher risk of developing after a classical c-section.

frogibe

Postby frogibe » Fri Jul 16, 2010 00:18 am

Thanks ladies. I guess it will be ok then if I happen to get pregnant earlier than expected. I plan on going off the birth control come November ( 10 months PP) and the hubby and I decided to wait a year to TTC so come February or March we will probably start to TTC. Although, I guess our feelings could change too. I know right now I am not ready physically or emotionally. It has only been 6 months since our daughter was born and 5 since her passing away.

Thank you for letting me know what your doctors suggested. It just seems strange that we have all heard different time spans...

lisacarmel

Postby lisacarmel » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:40 pm

My OB suggested 6 months but my high risk doctor told me to wait a little longer. He wanted my preeclampsia symptoms to go away. I was also grieving the passing of my son so my husband and I decided to wait a year before trying again. It has now been two years and we are still trying.

sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:33 pm

My regular ob said to wait 9 months to be pregnant again (but calculated some time for me to get pregnant) and my MFM said 12 months. I don't feel ready yet (it's been 6 months), so I am glad for this "conviction", as it gives me time to heal (physically and emotionally), to take it easy, and make a decision.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”