Pre E Again?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
marialynn242

Re : Pre E Again?

Postby marialynn242 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:00 am

Thank you I am going to start getting the test done and start making appointments I just wanted to hear some input before I did so. Thank you again

julie f

Postby julie f » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:57 pm

Maria,

I wanted to welcome you as well. I am so glad to hear that your son is doing so well! You'll find much support and information here.

I too had my first at 26 weeks and was terrified to try again, even though I knew I wanted to, if that makes sense. I agree with Sheri about seeking a preconception consult with a high-risk OB. If an underlying condition is found, it may be able to be treated/managed during a second pregnancy to decrease your risk. I was found to have high cardiac output and was treated for it during my 2nd pregnancy, which went very well. I was not treated for anything during my third pregnancy and was very fortunate to have it go great as well.

I wish you the best, please let us know how we can help.

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Tue Mar 30, 2010 05:14 pm

Hi Marialynn,

Welcome to the boards. I'm glad to hear your son is doing well after such a scary experience. Have you talk with your OB about TTC again? A great place to start is with a preconception consult with a MFM (high risk OB) group. They can test you for underlying conditions and * your risk of developing pre-e again. Everyone is different, but the thought is that it will be later and less severe in another pregnancy. I developed severe pre-e at 32 weeks with my 1st pregnancy, but only had gestational hypertension with my second. Again, welcome!

Sheri

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 05:54 pm

I had preeclampsia before 23 weeks with my firstborn. I delivered her at 25 weeks. She lived 10 days. I got pregnant less than 6 months after we had her and went on to have my second daughter at 36 weeks, totally preeclampsia free! I had fabulous doctors and was on baby aspirin, DHA, calcium, and foltx to help.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Mon Mar 29, 2010 04:59 pm

Im so happy your son is doing well. Have you been tested for any underlying conditions? That will base off of your % of getting PE again.

marialynn242

Pre E Again?

Postby marialynn242 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 03:39 pm

I had Severe PreEclampsia at 26 weeks and my son survived 3 months in Nicu and hes 11 months no problems besides a couple surgeries because he got NEC in the nicu but no CP or anything. I am wondering if anyone has gotten Pre E again/or not after getting it with there first child and when they got it with the first one and when they got it with the second one pleaseee. I want to start trying again but am kinda freaked that I will get it worse this time around but I have heard some women dont even get it the second time and im not sure I can handle another nicu I was only 19 when all of that happened. Please any info will help thank you.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”