This cycle is making me INSANE!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
angieb

Re : This cycle is making me INSANE!

Postby angieb » Tue Jan 04, 638924 2:50 pm

I don't know if my ob is even going to say okay for clomid (it depends on what my MFM says), so in that case it won't be monitored because they won't really know I'm taking it. (DH and I have already decided I'm taking it whether they okay it or not-I already have it.) Ideally it will be monitored but most likely not.

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Tue Jan 04, 638924 11:57 am

Hi Angie,

No advice regarding temps b/c I have a luteal phase defect, so my temps were always off, but I wanted to wish you luck next cycle. Question- will your OB monitor you while on Clomid (u/s to check on number of mature follicles?).

Sheri

me793462

Postby me793462 » Fri Dec 24, 638923 5:27 am

I temped as well as used OPKs.

angieb

Postby angieb » Fri Dec 24, 638923 2:38 am

Thanks Me! Did you temp too or were you just testing?

My temp dropped a lot today and my test was negative this morning, so I'm starting to think I'm probably out yet again.

My next cycle will definitely be a clomid cycle whether my doctors like it or not, since I already have the clomid. (My ob is actually fine with it, it's the MFM who is not really.)

me793462

Postby me793462 » Fri Dec 24, 638923 12:20 am

Hang in there Angie. You are not out until AF comes.

I got my BPF last month on a really long cycle. I did not O until CD36 and did not get a + until 14 DPO. So, there is hope.

sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Mon Dec 13, 638923 8:47 pm

Those tests never worked for me earlier than the day of my missed period.

Good luck with your test tomorrow!

angieb

Postby angieb » Mon Dec 13, 638923 7:22 pm

Thanks Amanda and Sam!

I'm using tests that supposedly pick up hcg at 20 or 25. I also used a First Response today that's supposed to pick it up 6 days before your missed period. However, I think that if I am pregnant that maybe implantation was a bit late (like 11 dpo)-and hcg isn't produced until after implantation- and that's why I'm just now seeing a secondary temp rise, so hopefully tomorrow.

amandaoasis

Postby amandaoasis » Mon Dec 13, 638923 5:05 pm

Hi Angie,

I have been stalking your chart. Your timing was so perfect and I keep checking and hoping for a positive test.

Here's to missing your period tomorrow!

sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Mon Dec 13, 638923 3:11 pm

Your tests might be negative, b/c they don't pick up the hcG level quite yet. Depending on the tests (some react to lower levels than others which need to have higher levels and therefore cannot be used before the missed period) you might need to wait another day or two. I know how frustrating this can be.

Your chart looks really nice though! Keeping my fingers crossed for a positive test result.

angieb

This cycle is making me INSANE!

Postby angieb » Mon Dec 13, 638923 8:18 am

Okay, I need to vent a little. I'm on spring break and the 2 week wait is pretty much ruining it.

First of all, it took me until day 31 to ovulate. That was not a fun wait.

Here is my chart: http://www.tcoyf.com/members/angieb/charts/5.aspx

Now, I'm 12 days past ovulation. (My chart says 13, but I'm pretty certain I ovulated a day later than it thinks I did.) I'm still getting negative tests. (3 so far today, and let's not talk about how many so far this cycle.) I know that my post o temps aren't a very convincing rise but it was confirmed with blood work 7 days post ovulation. (My level was only 10.8 so I've been using NPC all week.)

If I'm not pregnant, my period should start tomorrow. My temps always start dropping at 11 days past ovulation. My temp ROSE at 11 dpo, and rose even more today.

Also, I'm pretty much convinced I'm pregnant. I'm having symptoms that I only had when I was pregnant (like that stabbing in your uterus when you sneeze in early pregnancy- I've had that a couple times now. And I'm pretty sure it's not a c-section thing because I haven't had that happen since. A few other things like that which are distinctly pregnancy things.) All of my signs that my period is coming-especially the cramps- haven't happened at all.

My chart is looking perfect. I just can't get a positive test. And it's infuriating me and making me feel like a lunatic and I'm not sure if I trust my body and my temps, or if I trust the tests, or if it's just too early and I need to chill, or if I need to start bracing myself for my period because if it does show up this time, I'm going to have a really hard time with it after being so convinced that I am pregnant.

AND. This was pretty much our last month to TTC and still be able to attend my best friend's wedding in St.Thomas, Virgin Islands, in December, because we know for sure my MFM won't let me fly out of the continental US while pregnant.

Basically, this is making me insane. Thanks for "listening" to me ramble!

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”