On the low side of normal platelet count

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
jenniferf

Re : On the low side of normal platelet count

Postby jenniferf » Fri Mar 26, 2010 02:50 pm

Lisa,
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. I too lost my first son Will to PE & HELLP. This website is a great source of information and support. I'm glad you found it.
My platelets have always been barely normal (145-154) not pregnant. I've been to a hematologist and MFM and tested for several disorders, but they can't seem to find anything. While I was pregnant with my son Nicholas my platelets dropped to 128. My OB put me on bedrest when they first dropped at 27 weeks, and they never got any lower. He was delivered at 36w 5d. Best of luck.

missingjasper

Postby missingjasper » Mon Mar 22, 2010 08:30 pm

Thank you Sheri.

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Mon Mar 22, 2010 01:37 pm

Hi and welcome to the boards. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. You might want to try posting something on the Ask the Experienced board. There are lots of ladies there that have dealt with low platelets.

Sheri

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:20 am

ATV lady knows a ton about having low platelets and not being pregnant. She should chime in here shortly!

missingjasper

On the low side of normal platelet count

Postby missingjasper » Sat Mar 20, 2010 01:26 am

Hi all, I'm fairly new to these forums. I lost my son Jasper in March of 2009. I have been activly ttc his brother or sister since Sept with no luck. I was just wondering because I'm very nervous about this because my platelet counts are on the lower side of normal and was wondering if anyone else has this problem? I did talk to my OB and he said it should be fine, but still very very worried. Just for reference purposes I'm at 184 and normal is 150 - 500

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”