Factor V

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
missingjasper

Re : Factor V

Postby missingjasper » Mon Mar 22, 2010 01:11 am

Belle, I have it in both genes. I got it from my mom and dad. I also have slightly raised Cardiolipin antibodies. I take a baby asprin daily and will take lovenox again once I get a BFP. Well, actually I wait to see if my pregnancy tests get darker before I start taking lovenox.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:16 pm

I also only have one gene. My mom and my grandfather have it as well and all three of us with different docs said to take baby asprin. More to prevent clots from happening...I know every doc is different tho. I think my benifit outweighs the risk...as with a lot of meds you have to look at benifits and risks

lakensmommy

Postby lakensmommy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 09:43 pm

lisa do you have factor v on both genes? My doc said that if i don't test positive for some other mumbo jumbo that i didn't understand then i would only need to be on LDA because i only have one gene Factor V

missingjasper

Postby missingjasper » Sat Mar 20, 2010 00:43 am

Hey Belle, I'm sorry that you have Factor V. I too have it as well. I knew about it before I got pregnant with Jasper and I was on Lovenox shots the whole time I was pregnant.

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Wed Mar 03, 2010 07:30 am

Hi Belle,

I'm sorry that I don't have any answers for you. You might want to post on the forum for underlying conditions. You might find more posters there with this condition.

Sheri

lakensmommy

Factor V

Postby lakensmommy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 05:47 pm

I got the news today that I am Heterozygous for Factor V. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and what your doc suggested before getting pregnant again.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”