Tell Me There Is Hope

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
jennieexpo

Re : Tell Me There Is Hope

Postby jennieexpo » Sun Nov 03, 638920 12:51 pm

Thank you all for your encouragement! I really appreciate it! Mandy I know exactly how you feel! I just talked with my mfm this past thursday, I posted on here how it went.... http://preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38421 if youhaven't seen or talked with your mfm yet I really think you should! You'd be surprised what he/she might tell you! I have hope for you! Praying for you! HUGS!!

lukesmom06

Postby lukesmom06 » Sat Nov 02, 638920 11:45 pm

I don't have a personal story to tell, buy my sister had severe PE/HELP with my nephew at 34 weeks. Her next pregnancy she went to 41 weeks and had my beautiful niece without any complications. She was 36 when she had my niece.

There is hope!

mandy1227

Postby mandy1227 » Wed Oct 23, 638920 4:57 am

It was interesting to read your post because I came here today to post the same question. I have only posted a few times, but read quite a bit. DH and I are fortunate that our 29 weeks and 2 day preemie is just fine as well. He is a healthy and happy 3 1/2 year old. I've been questioning #2 since the day he was born, however think this is the last year DH and I will probably do it. I really want another baby, but do not want to go through that again. However, after reading some truly heartbreaking stories here, realize how lucky we are. I don't have any advice for you, however wanted to offer my support as I'm sitting in that same boat. I'm a Nursing Supervisor and have a busy job. I also worry that having another one will negatively impact my career, however I still went back to work after my first one. My peri did tell me I need to see him before I get pregant again, but he did say it was likely the pre-eclampsia if it re-occurred would not be as severe. Looking forward to following your story.
Mandy

stacylw

Postby stacylw » Sat Aug 03, 638920 8:38 pm

I just wanted to add my hopes too. I had sudden onset severe PE with my 1st, born at 35 weeks induced labor.
My 2nd was born this past spring, weighing in at 10 lbs- I had PIH from 28 weeks, but only mild PE which started at 36.5 weeks until they did a csection at 37.5 weeks.
So, I feel very blessed and like everything did work out. It was definitely an emotional rollercoaster with #2, but all worked out okay. Good luck!

jennieexpo

Postby jennieexpo » Mon Jul 22, 638920 3:14 am

oh its okay its easy to get confused on the forum :)

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Mon Jul 22, 638920 12:19 am

Oh my goodness, I am SO SORRY. I didn't even catch that - I just read how you were reading the memorium page. I apologize.

Anyways....there still is hope for a healthy pregnancy after PE! :-)

jennieexpo

Postby jennieexpo » Thu Jul 11, 638920 11:12 pm

Thank you all for your support I feel better about ttc now. I go see my mfm next thurday. Oh @ Katie, Mazio is still living which is huge blessing from God, but I have a montage video of him from before birth to now...here..... http://benjenexposito.blogspot.com/2010 ... quest.html its at the bottom of the page

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Thu Jul 11, 638920 3:06 pm

THERE IS HOPE! I'm looking at him right now sleeping in my living room. I agree 100% with Sonja and Brianne. I can't say enough about having a great MFM. I also suggest (if don't already have one) perhaps finding a good therapist or collecting some sort of emotional support team and toolbox - if you're anything like me - being pregnant again was BIG EMOTIONAL WORK and I needed people to help me get through. And come back to the PF ANYTIME you need to.

While you're preparing, do well to be good to you. Take your time to rest, recover and renew. My husband is sitting next to me as I real aloud my reply - with tiny tears in his eyes. We are very sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))

tiffmarie81

Postby tiffmarie81 » Thu Jul 11, 638920 8:14 am

I had a healthy baby boy on June 4, 2005 at 28.5 weeks gestation and weighing in at 1 lb. 8 oz. he was in the NICU until his due date August 23. He hasn't had any residual side effects of his prematurity. He is getting ready to go into kindergarten this next year. He is still small for his age but developmentally okay.
it was a very hard roller coaster ride of emotions with good and bad days. We have been trying to conceive another baby for the past 2 1/2 years. We have 2 miscarriages and are getting frustrated but I wouldn't trade my son for anything in the world. He is our miracle baby and our greatest joy!

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Tue Sep 14, 638917 12:48 am

There is hope. My first daughter was born at 25 weeks. She lived 10 days. I got pregnant again 6 months after Kylie was born. MFM told me to prepare for another tragedy. I refused to do that, went to a new MFM. Delivered my second baby girl at 36 weeks, no pe or hellp. Despite so much working against us, she was born almost full term. She is 4 months old now. Good luck!

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”