Low-dose Aspirin?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
molly419

Re : Low-dose Aspirin?

Postby molly419 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 05:00 pm

I also had severe early on preeclampsia and HELLP.

I am currently taking a low-dose aspirin. My MFM basically gave me the same run down that yours did. With my first, I was diagnosis with PE at 23 week and she was delivered at 25. I am currently pregnant and almost 26 weeks, with no indicator of PE. I don't know if it is the LDA, but who knows...

Best of luck to you!

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Sat Nov 29, 2008 04:08 pm

I was advised to take it as soon as I got a positive too- and I started taking it while TTC. So far everything in this pregnancy has been better but like Fiona said, it's hard to know if the LDA is the cause for that, or some other reasons....

But like you, I had early onset PE... very severe... and lost my child. They went with the concept that anything I do can help so here we are. It hasn't hurt the baby and I didn't miscarry.... and my uterine blood flow at 16 weeks was great. We'll see what happens week after next!

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Wed Nov 26, 2008 08:13 am

When I met with my MFM over 2 years ago for my preconception consultation he told me to start taking it once I got a positive home pregnancy test. I am currently 35 weeks and 1 day pregnant with our second child and it's worked great for me!:)

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:57 am

My doctors have told me the same thing. I take it everyday. Good luck!

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Tue Nov 25, 2008 00:30 am

Hi Kate,

LDA is not without potential side effects, but in the case of someone who had severe early onset preeclampsia - as you did - it is recommended.

I was on it myself from ttc onwards in my second and third pregnancies: I wish I could say it was the LDA that made the difference, but there's no way of knowing.

Hopefully it will lead to a positive outcome for you next time - along with very close monitoring and proactive care from your peri/mfm.

Best wishes for a BFP soon.

kbunsey

Low-dose Aspirin?

Postby kbunsey » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:02 pm

Hello All.

I have CHT. My MFM suggested that I take low-dose aspirin throughout my next pregnancy. I met w/ him for a preconception consult last month. My MFM said I could start taking the LDA while TTC if I wanted to.

My MFM said that while the jury is out on the benefits of LDA w/ preeclampsia, he said that it "doesn't hurt." He also said that some MDs in the infertility specialty believe LDA helps w/ uterine blood flow, thus he could see why it might help w/ PE. This is how I understood his doctor talk.

I started taking it last month and I'm just curious if anyone else has had experience w/ LDA.

I have read that LDA may help prevent misscarriage. I have read that it might cause miscarriage. The info out there w/ LDA and preeclampsia is all over the place. I'm just curious.

Does this question belong on a different part of the forum?

Thank you.

PS I guess I should have said that I had early onset severe PE in my first pregnancy and lost my baby girl at 26 weeks. Thank you.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”