TTC after HELLP loss

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
brianned5

Re : TTC after HELLP loss

Postby brianned5 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 03:18 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. I just lost my daughter 8 weeks ago. I still don't have a normal cycle, but my OB/GYN told me he wanted me to wait a year before trying to get pregnant again. I wish you the best of luck!

itsmaya

Postby itsmaya » Tue Sep 09, 2008 07:31 pm

Lola, I am so sorry for loss of your daughter. Most of us here have gone through something similar. It is very hard to come back to normal after that.

I am glad that you got OK from your doctors to try again.Keeping fingers crossed for the short TTC journey for you....

annoited

Postby annoited » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:08 am

So sorry for your loss Lola, i also lost my daughter at exactly 23weeks and 5days in march of this year and yes it's the most devastating thing that can ever happen to anyone but you are in the right place.
You will get a lot of comfort here because so many od us can relate and will be there for you as much as you need us.
Unlike the other ladies, i got my period the very month after the loss of my child and it's been regular ever since so please make an appointment with your OB and see if there is anything to be done about it.

Good luck with TTC again!! I know i wanted to be pregnant again the week after i lost my daughter as if she can ever be replaced, the memories of our little ones will forever linger...

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Sun Sep 07, 2008 01:43 pm

Oh Lola I am so sorry for your loss.
Like the ladies above, trying again helped me move forward but also left me often grieving harder for my lost daughter than I anticipated... I had no underlying disorders, no real EXPLANATION for what went wrong... just my loss. It was devastating and took a long long time for me to feel somewhat normal- a year later, and I still cry and miss her...

It took me 8 weeks for my period to return after my loss... and another month or so to be really "regular" after that. If you're really worried about it, the dr can help you out with that.. I had some spotting in between too.... it just takes some time to get the normalcy back but it WILL come back... in more ways than one.

((HUGS)) The grief and loss forum was a lifesaver for me... hope you check it out.

for faith

Postby for faith » Thu Sep 04, 2008 04:45 pm

Lola - I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. It took me about 10wks to get back to a "normal" period after my pregnancies. I did have changes after each pregnancy with my cycles, so it could just take some more time. Trying again is so hard emotionally and I too had tons of testing with no underlying anything. Becoming hopeful again does take time, I agree with Jen "uphill in the sand", but it does get better.

Wishing you the best! This is a great forum for info and support I hope you find it the same.

neslo

Postby neslo » Wed Sep 03, 2008 08:56 am

Lola - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I think I got my first real period about 8 weeks postpartum. Even then it took another few months for my cycles to really get back on track. Give your body and your heart some time to heal. But just like Niki - I found the process of ttc again after our loss to be very therapeutic. It gives me soemthing to hope for and hold onto when everything else seems to be falling apart.

joker

Postby joker » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:19 pm

Lola, I am so sorry for your loss. It is the worst pain to lose a baby. It took me about 10 weeks post partum before I got a period. It can take time, but I agree with Niki and would call your ob and see what they say. Our bodies go through so much with pregnancy, that it can take a few months or longer for them to get back to "normal".

Moving forward takes time. Grief is like walking uphill in sand, one step forward is two steps back. Eventually, you begin to feel a little more hopeful but always cautious.

biogal

Postby biogal » Tue Sep 02, 2008 09:24 pm

Lola, I am so terribly sorry for your loss of your little girl. I lost my son, Myles, in February and understand your devastation. ((HUGS)) I found it to be both difficult and therapeutic to try again. I still find it difficult most days to find hope, but I think of my perfect, inspirational son and there's my hope. Please come on over to the Grief and Loss forum where all the girls truly understand your pain and sadness. I wish you much healing in your grief journey.

BTW ... the wacky cycles could just be your body tryig to readjust after the pregnancy. Have you talked to your ob?

lola1971

TTC after HELLP loss

Postby lola1971 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 03:37 pm

Hi - I am posting here, I got a great suggestion from another board member as it might be better in this forum than the other one I originally posted...I just cut and pasted here....
--------------------------------
Hi
I don't know where to begin.

I lost my baby girl at 23 weeks due to severe HELLP syndrome 2 months ago. They haven't found any underlying disorders thus far.

But we did get the ok to start trying again- I bounced back pretty quickly from HELLP. So we are going to start the whole process again of testing for ovulation with OPK, etc.

So the frustrating part is that I haven't had a real period since then. I literally spotted once last thursday and that was it! so do I just count that as my period? So weird for me because I have always been so regular and now I just don't know what my body is doing.

Also, how do you move forward and become hopeful again? we were so devastated by our loss - just came out of no where.

Any words of wisdom would be great to hear.

thanks.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”