what should I do... Hard to make up my mind

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
shellbell

Re : what should I do... Hard to make up my mind

Postby shellbell » Sun Feb 24, 2008 07:54 pm

Hi there, just wanted to say thank you for your advice, I will find the referral to my OB and make an appointment gosh I get butterflys just thinking about taking that first step.I guess If I do make the chose to have another baby I can always talk to you girls about my fears and how it is all going (which is 1 thing i didn't have last time..)
Thanks again puts my mind at rest to know that even though I know I'm ready for another baby It's Normal to be Scared.....:)

onesock

Postby onesock » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:12 am

It is so scary...even after the preconception visit with the peri, I am still so scared. Sending you peace. I know how you feel :(

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:09 am

Michelle - trying again after pe is always stressful. There are a few things you can do to prepare yourself.

We recommend a pre-conception appointment with a perinatologist (which may be called something different where you are - basically a high risk OB) and testing for underlying disorders - clotting issues and autoimmune disorders. Some things that predispose you to pe can be managed in a subsequent pregnancy.

One thing that's worth remembering: now you are considered high risk, so your care should be managed by someone with experience of high risk pregnancies. A good OB will monitor you closely and make sure you are delivered before you are in any serious danger - with good expectant management the chances of a maternal death are far lower.

shellbell

what should I do... Hard to make up my mind

Postby shellbell » Sat Feb 23, 2008 08:55 am

Hi everyone, I'm only a new member and feel so confused and frustrated I want to help make preeclampsia more public in my area of AUS and not sure where to start.
I would love another baby,My daughter is 26 months and iám really getting itchy feet again for another baby,But Iám so scared..
I was the one that was really sick in ICU on the Virge of a brain hamaridge,Chloe was fine thank God, if things turn out different it's Chloe that won't have a Mum anymore... what to do???

I asked my GP for a referral to my OB but can't make up my mind to go see him again.Also my husband is great but i find it hard to talk about sometimes. He tells me he'd love another but is Scared bout losing ME or bub What should I do HELP any advice would be truly greatful... [?]

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”