hey everyone... update on nephrologist

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
julie f

Re : hey everyone... update on nephrologist

Postby julie f » Fri Nov 02, 2007 00:24 am

I loooooooooove to hear about awesome doctors - I am so glad you have found one.

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Thu Nov 01, 2007 06:55 pm

thanks all of you! i read your stories and root for all of you so much... been reading for a while before i posted really.... and i am so glad you are here to inspire and support.

one thing bad: my BP was kinda high at last visit. so they have to monitor that.

but i feel good to be supported. even though they will forever call me the kitty, i think...

joker

Postby joker » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:39 am

That's great that the doc is sooo supportive. My nephrologist has pretty much the same attitude and is convinced that all will be ok. Now only if we can convince ourselves right? I went 4 months post-partum before getting AF again, my OB kept telling me to give it time, and she was right. Lots of luck to you!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:41 pm

I'm so happy for you that you felt so secure and comfortable with your doctor; sounds like you got one of the "good ones," and that can make such a difference. Thinking of you as you begin this new journey.

elainej9

Postby elainej9 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 09:54 pm

It does sound like you found a great doctor and a friend at that. So important for your journey. My best wishes to you in getting those answers you wish for! Deserved!

onesock

Postby onesock » Wed Oct 31, 2007 09:07 pm

Sounds like a great doctor!! I am so happy for you :) Sometimes just the worry of wondering when you are going to get AF will make mine stay at bay. I hope you are regulated soon...feels funny wishing for someone to get AF :) Yeah for your good day!!

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Wed Oct 31, 2007 08:28 pm

Oh, what a lovely-sounding doctor. Just the person you need in your corner. I'm so glad.

I hope you get your answers - and AF - very soon.

suleaf

hey everyone... update on nephrologist

Postby suleaf » Wed Oct 31, 2007 07:33 pm

Seems like many of us are getting our bodies ready for the scary hope of TTC.

Today was Halloween and I went as a kitty- on my charts they wrote, Suparna, the cat... lol. Right away I felt comfortable.

I loved the dr. She was down to earth supportive and knowledgeable. First she sent me off for every blood test imaginable. I get my heart and kidneys checked. 24 hour urine test now. She told me she had 10 miscarriages and not to stop hoping... that I was only 33, that women do this in their late 30s, that everyone will be fighting for me. She wants to be there for every step of every bump of my blood pressure throughout the pregnancy. And she said, "If you want this, then I will do everything a good doctor needs to do to be there for you. No one should lose a child and there are no words to fill the void- take the time, know all you can, and then let's move forward".

All I did was cry. It's Halloween and I miss the idea of Mira- a baby I wanted to dress as a little punkin or a peapod- and to hear her say that I will be afraid but not to lose hope was something amazing... I hear so much nay saying- no don't do this, you might die, you might lose another baby, etc etc

She promised me she would take care of me and promised they would do everything to find out why.

She said- it might be the placenta. It might be me. But they would do their ****dest to find out.

Meanwhile- I am waiting still for AF. Sometimes I am CONVINCED I am in menopause. Sometimes I am CONVINCED it will NEVER come back.

I know provera will bring it back for the time being but can't promise regularity. Any of you go on provera and then still struggle with irregular periods?

Just wish me luck in my search for answers on the journey to ttc!!

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”