How soon can you tell?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
trish
Forum Moderator

Re : How soon can you tell?

Postby trish » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:03 am

I got a negative at DPO 11 but had a positive on DPO 13. (I knew exactly the conception date - no question!)
I highly recommend the Dollar store tests if you want to test early. They are at least as sensitive as other tests and only $1 instead of like $10! That way you feel better about testing at 10, 11, 12 DPO "just in case!" I could never wait 2 whole weeks to find out!!!

meesh

Postby meesh » Sun Oct 21, 2007 08:46 pm

Hi Allison,
The earliest I've gotten a positive test is 9 days after conception. You can waste a lot of money if you start testing that early, but I could never wait! [:I] Good luck when you do decide to test!

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Sun Oct 21, 2007 06:58 pm

Allison,

I too have PCOS! My dr. finally put me on Metformin to regulate my cycles and help with the PCOS/Insuling resistant problems. For YEARS my periods have been wacky and now FINALLY they are getting normally, thank God. If you haven't gotten a period sinced August and you are attempting to concieve I would put a call into your OBGYN so they can give you med. to jumpstart your cycle. They will probably have you test first though to make sure you aren't pregnant, that's what they did with me once when we were trying. At least with seeing your OBGYN he/she knows what is going on with your cycles.
Best of luck to you and I hope you get a BFP real soon!!!:))))

pkandm

Postby pkandm » Sat Oct 20, 2007 06:27 pm

I agree-and if you get a negative...test again at about 18 days after. Most tests should be positive 18 days after ovulation-since I'm guessing you aren't certain when you ovulated--just go by the day you bd or the day after. Good luck!!

katevans

Postby katevans » Sat Oct 20, 2007 01:28 pm

Allison,
I would test 14 days from DB event. You may be able to get a + a few days before that, but I would test about 14 days. Good luck on a BFP!!!!!

emily kates mom

How soon can you tell?

Postby emily kates mom » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:03 am

I know this sounds like a silly question, but how soon can you tell if you are pregnant?

The reason I ask is because my cycle has been so crazy lately. I have PCOS and my cycles are quite erratic. Sometimes I go 2 - 3 months or more without a period.

I am pretty sure that my last cycle was in August. I know that sounds strange to say that, but I am so used to having erratic cycles, sometimes I don't record the dates.

TMI Warning: Anyway, the BD event happened last Saturday 10/13 (No BD events for a long time before that, so that would def. be the conception date.) How soon can I test? Does my wacky cycle affect my testing date? I'm trying to find the appropriate window to test and know for certain. If I am, then we will be happy but nervous (about PE again), but if it is neg., then I want to get with my OB and see if he can give me anything to help me start my cycle again.

I have been having a lot of crampy feelings, but no period yet. But then again, with such a wacky cycle I don't know if I would be about to start right now anyway. AAAAgh!

Any thoughts?

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”