sorry, another question about after you get pg

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
daltonsmommy

Re : sorry, another question about after you get pg

Postby daltonsmommy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 04:01 pm

Not pregnant yet just thought I would chime in. My peri wants me to call as soon as I get a positive test to go in for blood tests. I will be seeing him and an OB throught the whole pregnancy. Also frequent growth scans. Here's to a long and boring pregnancy.[:D]

Charity

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Fri Aug 24, 2007 01:29 pm

As soon as I found out I was pregnant with my second pregnancy my OB started me on Heprin (we did blood work 2 weeks before i found out I was pregnant and found out I had some clotting disorders) I was in for the first couple months every 4 weeks and started seeing my Peri at about 10 weeks every 3 weeks, I got U/S at every Peri Appt and then went into my OB every 2 - 3 weeks (off from my peri) for other U/S, my appts started to get closer together and by 20 weeks i was in every 2 weeks, at about 25 weeks I was at every week I believe, with U/S every week to 2 weeks and at 30 weeks I was getting NSTs on a regular basis and was on bedrest. I was also doing 24 hour urines at the OB and checking my urine at home on a regular basis along with my Appts, and checked my BP at home a few times during the day. When I first found out I was pregnant my OB scheduled my C-Section at 37 weeks. I delivered at 35 weeks by Emergency C-section.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed Aug 22, 2007 04:40 pm

Scheduled c-section. My peri offered me a section at 39 weeks or at 37 (with an amnio) due to my "poor obstetrical history" (*love* that classification!).

pkandm

Postby pkandm » Wed Aug 22, 2007 04:04 pm

Thanks-Heather, did they induce you or did you go naturally at 37 wks?

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed Aug 22, 2007 03:48 pm

I was seen every two weeks from four weeks through 32 weeks, then twice weekly. I also started NTSs/BPPs twice weekly at 32 weeks. I had a growth u/s every four weeks from 16 weeks forward. Like the others, I was welcome whenever I felt I needed at little extra "attention;" which was frequently [;)]! Oh, and we also did a baseline 24 hour and threw in a couple more for good measure later in the pregnancy.

julie f

Postby julie f » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:45 am

When I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd, my OB also did a basleine 24 hour and the regular prenatal labs. My appointment schedule stayed pretty normal in the beginning - every four weeks and then a peri vist at 15 weeks, 24 and 30. Because of the medication that the peri placed me on at 15 weeks, I was given a bit more testing after that - u/s every 3-4 weeks to check on baby's growth. At 30 weeks I began NSTs once a week and then at about 32 I believe I was on twice weekly NSTs.

My OB was great and said I could calland come in whenever I felt I needed to. Too be honest though, I'd have been in each day, all day if I could have then...[;)]

denise

Postby denise » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:07 am

My OB did the whole monitoring closely thing with my second pregnancy. My appts were more frequent, and once I hit 20+ weeks I was seen more often. At around 30 weeks, I started the weekly BBP's & NST's, along with twice weekly OB appts and labwork. I also saw a peri around 19 weeks. At any point, when I needed to come in for a bp/urine check with the nurse, I was welcomed. The entire staff knew me well. ;)

pkandm

sorry, another question about after you get pg

Postby pkandm » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:45 am

So when you get pregnant and you have a history of PE or HELLP-I know that the doctors should monitor you more closely, but what does that mean? I guess I just want to be prepared so if I feel they aren't doing enough I can say something. Is there something we should do right when I find out? Tests? My doctor said that she wants to do a 24 hour urine right away so we can get a baseline and then will probably do them throughout. Do appointments just increase? Is there more testing? Thanks

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”