Early Ovulation on Clomid??

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
jen44

Re : Early Ovulation on Clomid??

Postby jen44 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:37 am

Hi Tammy
I'm also on clomid and been charting as well. Clomid raises your temp up high sometimes when you still have the clomid in your system, my temp doesn't go back down to regular pre-ov temps until the 15th or 16th day of my cycle, but then I'm also a late ovulator. Anyways what I am saying is to continue taking your temp and if you see another drop in temps and then a rise, you might be actually ovulating then. When do you normally ovulate or do you? Clomid will typically make early ovulators ovulate later and late ovulators ovulate early. Are you using OPK's? That is really the best way to see when you are ovulating for real, temps can be confusing on clomid. Good luck! I hope you get your BFP real soon,

mommy1st

Re : Early Ovulation on Clomid??

Postby mommy1st » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:39 am

Tammy,
We had to be on clomid 50mg to get pregnant with our son and at that it happened the first cycle which isn't very common. It happens just not a lot. We are now taking clomid 50mg again and I start taking the first cycle this Sunday. I don't really know much about charting temps but I am actually going to go and pick up this book called "taking Charge of your Fertility" I have heard from many women on this board that it is so very helpful!!!
Best of luck to you and I hope you get your bfp soon!!

tammy s

Early Ovulation on Clomid??

Postby tammy s » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:22 am

Hello I am on my 2nd cycle of Clomid. My Doctor never really explained to me how to keep track and figure when I ovulated and all that stuff. He basically just gave me the meds and that was that. The pharmacist actually explained most of it to me because she knew of other patients of his that never got any info either. Anyway from reading posts on here and going to Fertility Friend I've started recording my temps this month. My AF came on Dec. 20-started Clomid 50mg Dec.22-26(Day 3-7) then I took my temps every morning starting the 27(Day 8). From what my chart shows I ovulated on Day 11 which would be only 4 days after my last pill. I thought it usually happened 5-10/6-12 days after your last pill. We did the BD on Day 9 then again on Day 12 but my temps have already gone down again so I'm assuming if I did really ovulate then, I'm not pregnant. Sorry this is so long but I am getting so confused. My last pregnancy happened the first time we tried and on Day 17 but it's not so easy this time around.
Thanks for listening
Tammy
I pray that you all have a great New Year and have lots of new babies to talk about!

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”