Going to drive myself INSANE

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
leftcoastgirl

Re : Going to drive myself INSANE

Postby leftcoastgirl » Tue Dec 19, 2006 04:53 pm

Sabrina, I'm interested in where I could look at getting a short term disability policy, and how much that would cost w/a history of pre-e. I still have to get a job before we can even try (and graduate first!). The hospital where I want to work has pretty good insurance, but I would still want extra to cover bills/living expenses. I am down to my pre-pregnancy weight of what I was when I conceived my daughter at 19...but still would like to lose another 10-15 lbs. Between pregnancies I became quite overweight but took it off over 3 years ago and kept it off (for the most part). It's still difficult to lose though...especially the "last 10 lbs."...ugh, just won't budge!

~J

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Mon Dec 18, 2006 06:50 am

I'm right there too. I have been patiently waiting the last 18 months :) No way I can do it right now. I don't get state disability. So I have to use my annual and sick leave. I am buying a short term disability policy and need to lose 30lbs for the "good" plan. So in less than a year I will be trying. Now I feel the heat as to get everything done before trying. Especially the 30lbs part!

denise

Postby denise » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:13 pm

Joni,

Sorry I haven't replied, it's been a crazy week. The organization was founded in 2000 by Anne. I found this place back in late 2003 after I had my DD, and it's been a lifeline for me.

Glad to see you are going to visit the peri. Sounds like you and your fiance are communicating well about TTC. I hope that once your TTC time comes, it's a short journey. PLease let us know how your peri appt goes.

leftcoastgirl

Postby leftcoastgirl » Sat Dec 16, 2006 03:30 am

Shannon...yeah that is what I really worry about....now that we have somewhat "decided" to try (fi still wants to talk to peri) then we have yet to go down the road of ttc...and I have a feeling it won't be as easy as it was when i was 20 and 22. It will drive me even more nuts once we are actively trying and aren't successful. I am thinking wayyy too far ahead. =) Going to try and get to next Thurs. first...that's when we have the appt. w/peri to go over old records. One step at a time, eh? I give it to you ladies though who have been trying for some time. I am sure it is not an easy journey...

~J

shannons

Postby shannons » Fri Dec 15, 2006 09:00 pm

I so know what you all mean!! It's hard not to be obsessed. I was so excited to try again, I got a fertility book and I thought, wow - this isn't going to take any time at all now that I know when I'm ovulating, let's go for it!! ..... That was six months ago and before I realized I have a ferility problem. Now I'm trying NOT to think about it, while trying, and trying not to get stressed out (yeah, right). Aaarrrggghhhh! I agree - wanting a baby is very distracting. Good luck - it sounds like you're handling it well. You obsess in your free time! Glad you found the forum!

leftcoastgirl

Postby leftcoastgirl » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:26 pm

Thank you Denise (gosh your kids are SO cute in your display picture!!). I am so glad I found this forum and wish I had sooner...do you know when it was founded? The actual forums? This has been a tremendous help and i've learned so much from everyone here.

~J

denise

Postby denise » Wed Dec 06, 2006 03:53 pm

There is something about even just starting to think of TTC that can make us obsess early.[:D] I know it happened with me, and continued throughout our TTC journey.

Congrats to you on all you have going on right now! You sure are one busy momma!

leftcoastgirl

Postby leftcoastgirl » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:25 am

quote:Originally posted by kris21225

It's an instinct that is hard to deny once you decide you want one of those cute squirmy things that coo and cuddle and throw up on you.[:D]

Ha! That's exactly how I feel - couldn't have said it better. Glad to know i'm not the only one. [:p]

~J

kris21225

Postby kris21225 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 08:51 am

My husband and I could barely wait for the two months healing time to go by. But once it did, it was like we were on a mission and got pregnant immediately. It's an instinct that is hard to deny once you decide you want one of those cute squirmy things that coo and cuddle and throw up on you.[:D]

darcynulph

Postby darcynulph » Wed Dec 06, 2006 08:40 am

I can only speak from my experience and once you have baby fever it is hard to control it. I am also obsessed with TTC. I have put a lot of thought into why I am on this quest and I think it is the desire to have another chance to do it right this time(not to diminish my desire to have another child). It is totally scary and once you are ready to make that leap of faith you just want to do it.

Best of luck on your TTC journey...

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”