Another Clomid Question

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
tammy s

Re : Another Clomid Question

Postby tammy s » Fri Nov 10, 2006 09:43 am

Hi everyone thank you all soooo much for the replies. It makes me feel much better. I checked on my Rx and it is actually 50mg rather than 15. I probably did just misunderstand when he said it out loud. I just have one more question-was anyone on Provera as well while taking Clomid or did you stop the Provera? I have PCOS and my AF is now actually normal but I still bleed midcycle and the Provera helps with that a bit. Last year I went on Provera for a month then got regular so I stopped taking it but I didn't bleed midcycle like I do now. Wwell thanks again everyone. Good luck to all of you!

Tammy

taras mom

Postby taras mom » Fri Nov 10, 2006 03:01 am

Maybe your doctor said "50" and it sounded like "15"? I'm not sure they even make 15-mg tablets (clomiphene citrate is the generic name, and Clomid is a brand name); all the doctors I've seen start patients at 50. You don't necessarily have to have PCOS to benefit from Metformin; it's intended to help you ovulate. Good luck!

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Thu Nov 09, 2006 08:08 pm

Tammy,
I took Clomid with my son and got pregnant on the first cycle of it( dosn't happen to everyone though). I was prescribed 50mg and like Jen haven't heard of 15mg.
I have PCOS and was told by my PCP that I could take Metformin to get pregnant also and I read on the internet too that some people can take both clomid and metformin together. I actually will be seeing my obgyn soon for clomid again because we are having a hard time getting pregnant our 2nd time around.
I hope this helps you out best of luck to you!

jen44

Postby jen44 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 07:14 pm

Hi Tammy
I just started my first cycle with clomid (last pill tonight!) and so far, it's been fine, hardly any side effects to mention which is a relief. But its still early! Anyways, I'm taking 50mg days 3-7. I've never heard of 15 mg, I've heard of 25 on the odd occasion but really rarely. Clomiphene Citrate is the full name for Clomid, so same thing. I understand Metformin is a medication used for women with PCOS, do you have that? I don't have PCOS so I've never taken it but I've definitely heard the combination of clomid and metformin can be very successful in some cases. I would highly recommend the site www.ovusoft.com/forum for TTC advice and info, its a great source of support and knowledge and I've learned a ton there. Good luck, baby dust to you!!!

tammy s

Another Clomid Question

Postby tammy s » Thu Nov 09, 2006 06:38 pm

Hi I've been coming to this site for almost a year now and was just wondering what the dosage of Clomid everyone was started on. I'm supposed to start my treatment this next cycle and I just need some advice. I think my Dr. prescribed 15mg but I'd have to recheck. I've just seen alot of people writing something about 50mg & 100mg so was just wondering about that. My Dr keeps calling it Clomiphene but from what I've looked up it's the same as Clomid. Also did anyone have to take Metformin as well with the Clomid?

I don't have much trust in Dr's anymore so I'm very happy there is this site I can go on and at least get someone else's opinion from personal experiences.
Thanks alot
Tammy

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”