Ovarian Cysts

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
tammy s

Re : Ovarian Cysts

Postby tammy s » Thu Oct 19, 2006 05:50 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies. Last year when I got pregnant for Ava I had been on Provera only one month to regulate my AF. The first time we TTC it worked but I've already been on the Provera for 4 cycles so after my transvaginal US on Friday & the results come up then I guess we'll go from there. I'll let you all know what happens. Thanks again for the support. This PE foundation website is one of those things that has helped me SOOO much since last November.
Good luck & prayers for all of you!!
Tammy

molly419

Postby molly419 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 09:28 pm

Tammy,

I too do not ovulate every month, and have been checked for cysts. In the past, I did have cysts, which dissipated on its own. You could very well have PCOS, which by the way, you do not need to have cysts to experience the other health side-effects, like infertility. I was checked six months ago with an intravaginal sonogram like Stacey, and do not have cysts (currently) but due to the nature of PCOS, I simply do not ovulate. With my first pregnancy, my doctor had me on the pill for 6 months, to get regular, and then I was put on Metforim, which in many PCOS women creates them to ovulate. I got pregnant two weeks after I went off the pill.

I hope you get answers soon.

staceyc

Postby staceyc » Wed Oct 18, 2006 08:58 pm

Hi Tammy

Just wanted to lend some support and little bit of knowledge. In May my Ob Gyn thought it may have been possible that I also had Cysts. My AF was completely irregular not on the pill..I would go months without having it..and the time length would vary...From speaking with him these are typical signs of PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) He did an Intravaginal sonogram and thankfully I did not have PCOS. Another little fact he had also told me that women that have PCOS often exhibit signs or have had Hormonal Problems. Please keep us posted and stay Positive!

Baby Dust for you and the rest of the ladies TTC!!

Stacey

robertmyangel

Postby robertmyangel » Wed Oct 18, 2006 07:34 pm

I'm sorry Tammy that you are having such a hard time TTC. I don't know much about Ovariam Cyst, but I'm sure someone with experience will chime in soon. I just wanted to welcome you, and wish you luck on your TTC journey. I hope that everything goes well on Friday, please keep us updated.

tammy s

Ovarian Cysts

Postby tammy s » Wed Oct 18, 2006 07:18 pm

Hello, my dh & I have been TTC since March 05, but still no luck. My AF comes usually when it should but also when I'm supposed to be ovulating I also bleed. My ob has me on Provera taking from Day 14 to 24 and now changed it to day 16 to 21 but i still bleed usually starting around Day 11 or 12 which makes it kinda hard to TTC cause the bleeding only stops a couple days after I start the Provera. He thinks I may have cysts on my ovaries causing this. From my blood tests results, he thinks I am still ovulating but I am going for a vaginal US on Friday to see wether or not that's my problem.
I'm just wondering if anyone else had anything similar or know anything about this.
Wishing all of you luck on TTC!!
Tammy

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”