Atryn for Early Preeclampsia?

The Preeclampsia Foundation does not necessarily endorse any research or news found in this forum, we just want to share what is out there. Please use your own discretion to evaluate any information you find here.
laney_p
Forum Moderator

Re: Atryn for Early Preeclampsia?

Postby laney_p » Mon Jun 06, 2016 03:21 pm

How are you doing this week, Claudia? Send us an update!!
Director of Community Relations for the Preeclampsia Foundation
*does not provide any medical advice*
for more information, please visit www.preeclampsia.org

La Directora de las Relaciones con la Comunidad
*no ofrece consejo médico*
Se habla español
Para mas información, por favor visite: www.preeclampsia.org/es

ClaudiaAFernandez

Postby ClaudiaAFernandez » Mon May 23, 2016 06:09 pm

Thank you very much Laney!! It´s a shame that these trials take forever considering that Atryn is already in use for other medical conditions, I am not in the US so I am not eligible, but eventhough.. praying that the results of the trial come positive... Preeclampsia is an interrogant for all physicians.. at least in my case, they don´t like to talk of it very often... and the approach they take is why to get the patient nervous if she still don´t have it...

Thanks God I am still pregnant, just starting week 33, 4 days ago my BP spiked from having it at 140/80 to 160/100.... it was really scary, I was on Methyldopa 1500 Mg Daily and my Cardiologist added besides Methyldopa, Nifedipine 30+30 MG slow release pills.... after taking the new drug, my bp stayed a little bit controlled for 2 days but Yesterday it got to 150/95 again.... Today I am on strict bedrest getting readings of 145/80, praying to keep this little turkey in the oven for a little more.... I will visit Drs again and see what they think.. for sure I will be getting the steroids shots on this week.

Thanks
Hey Claudia,

Sorry for what you are experiencing. We'll hope preeclampsia doesn't rear its ugly head!!!

Right now, the Preserve-1 Trial for aTryn just finished recruiting as a double blind randomized control trial,which means that women participating in it are either assigned the drug or a placebo. The results of the study will be out over the next few years. Have you signed up for our newsletter? Because believe me, we will be sharing the results!! Sorry it doesn't help right now for you though.

laney_p
Forum Moderator

Postby laney_p » Sun May 01, 2016 11:55 am

Hey Claudia,

Sorry for what you are experiencing. We'll hope preeclampsia doesn't rear its ugly head!!!

Right now, the Preserve-1 Trial for aTryn just finished recruiting as a double blind randomized control trial,which means that women participating in it are either assigned the drug or a placebo. The results of the study will be out over the next few years. Have you signed up for our newsletter? Because believe me, we will be sharing the results!! Sorry it doesn't help right now for you though.
Director of Community Relations for the Preeclampsia Foundation
*does not provide any medical advice*
for more information, please visit www.preeclampsia.org

La Directora de las Relaciones con la Comunidad
*no ofrece consejo médico*
Se habla español
Para mas información, por favor visite: www.preeclampsia.org/es

ClaudiaAFernandez

Atryn for Early Preeclampsia?

Postby ClaudiaAFernandez » Sun Apr 24, 2016 08:26 pm

I am 29 weeks Today, had PE on my first pregnancy at 36 weeks, 15 years later I am pregnant again, excited and worried also for the possiblity of getting PE for the second time, the big difference is that I entered on this pregnancy with chronic High BP, the Dr changed my BP meds for metildopa.. I have had a few jumps on my BP but still considered as controlled by the doctors, I know these weeks are the most critical for my baby and really just hoping the best to reach the 32nd week mark... but still I want to learn more about how my pregnancy can be prolonged in case that I get PE soon...

I read about a study with Atryn (Antithrombin III) on this site: http://www.preserve-1.org. seems to be on the third phase... has someone has been medicated with this drug? I know that this is related with heporin and other anti coagulants....the study only considered women with early severe preeclampsia (24-28 weeks) and the goal is to see if the treatment can prolong their pregnancy without adverse effects...

Return to “Announcements and Preeclampsia in the News”