Anne Garrett Women of Worth Video?Thxs Tom& Fiona

The Preeclampsia Foundation does not necessarily endorse any research or news found in this forum, we just want to share what is out there. Please use your own discretion to evaluate any information you find here.
cindyh27

Re : Anne Garrett Women of Worth Video?Thxs Tom& Fiona

Postby cindyh27 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:35 am

okay... I upgraded my satellite again so I can see the commercial... DH said why are we paying for channels we don't watch... lets pay the extra $15 a month to get the channels we want...YAY!... I was having DH Channel withdrawal :)

I love that you have a Diary updated every month... I love what you wrote...

quote:At the end of the day, what matters is that you did it.

You just gave me my second wind to move forward with my WAT and seek out Sponsorships... life has been a little crazy lately... baby, school, dh's grandma had a stroke and we've been helping out... I was feeling overwhelmed... but you just gave me the boost I needed... thank you!

cindergretta

Postby cindergretta » Sat Feb 09, 2008 07:55 pm

That made me cry! Thank you for doing what you have done- for all of us!

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Fri Feb 08, 2008 09:15 pm

http://www.womenofworth.com/honorees/Ho ... ffd2765ce1

The website is updated monthly with a diary, FYI. I was asked to write something about the difference between doing something and just talking. I think they edited it. It sounds less warm and fuzzy (and more arrogant) than I'd like but thought you'd like to know they are updating it monthly.

:)

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:37 pm

I confess...I watch Lisa Williams. I draw the line at Mother, May I sleep with danger...:) I know from a commercial perspective--this is a tv commercial for a major cosmetic company so they are not going to do anything that diverts viewers away from the channel and thus the product...but it's only for a couple months and maybe then they will let us have it--or figure out a way to webcast it. I will find out.

cindyh27

Postby cindyh27 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 02:13 pm

Anne,

I'm so excited to see the commercial… but I just down graded my satellite so I don’t get Lifetime anymore :( Hoping they will have a copy for the PF website or on their website. I wish the PF would open a YouTube account… I think we all have internet access *giggle*

YouTube has a NonProfit Program called "Broadcast Your Cause"

http://www.youtube.com/nonprofits

Did I mention it's FREE!

I think it would be another way to outreach and raise awareness… and hopefully generate more donations for the cause.

I’m interested to see the Ricki Lake documentary… I saw her on Rachel Ray a week or so ago… a home birth would have been the death of my son and myself… very curious to see this movie…

Keep us posted on the commercial updates… this is amazing for the Preeclampsia Foundation!!

p.s. I will definitely nominate Jennifer Bohach… the work ALL OF YOU do is truly life saving and should be recognized!

blythe

Postby blythe » Mon Jan 28, 2008 02:04 pm

I haven't seen the Ricki Lake "birthing with whales" segment, but I read about it in an article on the overuse of c-sections. Wouldn't it be nice if this country could find a balance between overmedicalizing and neglect?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen, Carol [:)].

aliyataube

Postby aliyataube » Mon Jan 28, 2008 01:50 pm

Anne
What a wonderful video and it is women like you that are going to forge a new awareness of preeclampsia, thank you very much, I too am a survivor of preeclampsia and almost died and it makes me feel better that through the trauma and the heartache there are other women out there that can relate and help me through this post tramatic period of my life so thank you from the bottom of my heart.

laura

Postby laura » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:43 am

Captain, captain, captain- Lifetime has come a long way! They have such gems as "Lisa Williams, My Life with the Dead" and golden girl reruns. And Frasier! I am ALL over that. Balm for the hobbyless soul.

For PURE angst- they have Lifetime Movie Network, now. My babysitter used to watch it during naptime. It is oddly soothing. Who *doesn't* want to see Lonnie Anderson fleeing a sociopath? I can only hope that one day, you'll come around.

catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby catherine » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:57 am

While I love you Anne, nothing is going to make me watch the channel that brought us "Mother, may I sleep with danger" on a regular basis. I hope that we can persuade L'Oreal to let us link, do you know if they'll be posting these to their own site?

taras mom

Postby taras mom » Mon Jan 28, 2008 03:19 am

We don't have cable either, and I'd love to see you blubbering on camera.[;)]

Seriously, this is great news!

I haven't seen the Ricki Lake "birthing with whales" segment, but I read about it in an article on the overuse of c-sections. Wouldn't it be nice if this country could find a balance between overmedicalizing and neglect?

Return to “Announcements and Preeclampsia in the News”