heeeeelllp with eczema

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
deerhart

Re : heeeeelllp with eczema

Postby deerhart » Thu Oct 21, 2004 03:45 pm

I actually read somewhere that some doctor/author used crisco on his children that had this and it worked very well.

Erin

Moderator - Parents of Preemies
Missouri State Coordinator
Mommy to Alex (4)and Mason (1 1/2)
Law Student - 1 year done, 2 to go

jjbeck

Postby jjbeck » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 am

Just wanted to say I tried the crisco thing.As I said auquaphor was the only one of the eucerine products that helped. Now I can say the Crisco works as well as the auqauphor
And yes I do mean the stuff you cook with. At first I didnt want to try it...but I was going through so much aquaphor and it is expensive. Incidently...the main ingred in the aqua is petroleum so I asked my pedi if regular vasoline would help...she said yep and she still uses it all of the time.
Ava has it on her arms, legs neck and now cheeks. W/o the aqua or crisco...she breaks out awful and it gets very aggrivated in which case I use the aveeno with the 1% cort.

Jen 3/71
DH Bob 5/67
DD Ava 4/04

PREG related hypertension, partial abruption, IUGR, Hyperemesis

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Fri Oct 15, 2004 07:54 am

The son of one of my friends has had terrible, bloody eczema. They use the aveeno 24 hr oatmeal lotion. Also the oatmeal baths. It turns out the poor guy is allergic to everything (when they asked the allergist what he could eat, she said squash, kale and one other thing)It is getting better as he gets bigger. Hope she feels better!

Anne
DH Richard
Parker 7/6/03(severe pe)33wks

jjbeck1

Postby jjbeck1 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 06:04 pm

well, Ava has eczema too. nothing works except for auqaphor and avena w/ cortizine when it is aggrivated...triple ointment for signs of infection. but my ped swears by CRISCO and uses it on her kids...especially since they eat it. So the crisco might be a good choice if ingestion is a concern. Now Ava is allergic to milk protein and prob soy.

Jen 32
DH Bob 36
DD Ava 4/19/04

mainiacs97@aol.com

preg high bp, abruption, iugr, hyperemesis

pugmommy7

Postby pugmommy7 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:27 am

I have it on the backs of my upper arms. i have had it as long as i can remember. my dad had it, and bella has it. from what i hear it is genetic and connected to the athsma gene. i have also heard that breastfeeding reduces it, welp i was bf'd for 13 mos and still have a raging case.Bella is more olive due to daddy's complexion and hers is a lot less severe.
oddly the sun makes it a LOT better.
i too swore by dove, but am having some crazy adult post partum cystic acne-ooh pretty;) and have switched to glycerin-very mild. as is castille soap.
i use a bit of bodywash and baby oil in the bathwater and be careful not to get it into eyes. you could try this , but wash her hair first before adding the oil so her hair won't get greasy. then the oilwill spraed out and give her a thin coating all over, or if you don't wanna take any uti risks, you could put the baby oil on her wet skin then dab it off so only a sheer amount remains-she prob can't scrape that ya know?
good luck mama,

Jennifer, 30
DH, Chris, 33
Mama & Daddy to:
Isabella Sofia,1/02/03 born @ 33.5 weeks at 3 lbs,6oz., 16". GD,
Pre-E,& borderline HELLP.

Catalina Amelia,5/29/04 born @ 36.2 weeks,4 lbs.,12oz.,16"
GD,PIH,& Pre-e
We're still nursing at 4 mos whoo hoo!

paljane8

Postby paljane8 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:31 pm

SueAnn-great pic!!! Your kids are gorgeous!

Laura-How's Cam?

Nancy Eastwood

samarasmom

Postby samarasmom » Tue Sep 07, 2004 05:43 pm

SueAnn isnt Aquaophor Awesome,I think so. It is so useful and treats diaper rashes, burns, eczema and all within a day for my boys,
Sounds like I need to work for the company

Sandra 23
Michael Abron ( fiance)
Elijah Kristopher Michael Abron ( 43 wks no complications) 5/6/99
Isaiah Liam Abron ( 37 wks PE and Preterm labor) 3/25/02
Samara Juliyana Abron ( 35 wks PIH and poss PE ) 7/21/04

season
Forum Moderator

Postby season » Tue Sep 07, 2004 03:19 pm

I found that my Target did not stock Aquaphor in the regualr aisles, but due to requests the pharmancy stocked it behind the counter. You can probably ask your pharmacy to order it (no presciption required.) I find the stuff so useful, for so many things, from newborn skin issues (like where the folds get raw) to diaper rash etc.

Glad to hear you did find releif for your little one.

SueAnn
dh Kwame
ds Ezekiel 1/2/02 (34wks due to pre-e)
dd Naomi 6/25/04 (38 1/2 wks PIH)

samarasmom

Postby samarasmom » Tue Sep 07, 2004 02:21 pm

Glad to know that little Cam is doing better, I know that when Isaiah bled I freaked. If you are still interested it is usually in Lotion aisles in pharmacy type places. Though Aquaphor is expensive its GREAT. If not I am glad that u found the Aveeno products. They are great.

Sandra 23
Michael Abron ( fiance)
Elijah Kristopher Michael Abron ( 43 wks no complications) 5/6/99
Isaiah Liam Abron ( 37 wks PE and Preterm labor) 3/25/02
Samara Juliyana Abron ( 35 wks PIH and poss PE ) 7/21/04

laura

Postby laura » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:39 am

YES- THANK YOU! The oatmeal baths seem to be the key here! She's gotten a little itchy, but at least she's not bleeding like she was before!

I couldn't find the aquafor- but I did find some aveeno oatmeal bath wash and that seems to work. Thanks again!

Laura
Administrator/AK Area Coordinator

Alicia (severe PE) 5/98 ~ Camille (htn, oligo) 4/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/

Return to “After your baby is born .....”