HELLLOOO ladies.... update

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
debbie78

Re : HELLLOOO ladies.... update

Postby debbie78 » Wed Oct 20, 638619 12:23 pm

So glad to see an update from you, Su! Yay for Sam Jam being a wonderful sleeper!

I don't know what Meniere's Disease is, but I hope that everything turns out to be okay, Su.

kteacher

Postby kteacher » Sat Sep 25, 638619 4:37 am

Congratulations on the sleeper. I wonder if he wears him self out during his witching hour? Oh, well, don't try to figure it out just know you are blessed with sleep! Henry still wants to wake up almost every 4 hours...this will not be so fun when I have to return to teaching in August.

My 4 year old still gets ecezma. I have used both the bubble bath and lotion ...I don't remember the brand...but the bottle has Winnie-the-Pooh on it. Oddly enough I read the other day (while looking up the nutr. value of cucumbers) that cucumber juice can help ecezma. I know Sam Jam is too young for cucumbers...but maybe you can remember it for the future. My 4 year old enhales cucumbers..she LOVES them more than chocolate...and her ecezma has not been as bad this summer...could be a fluke..but weird.

I feel your pain about going back to work...I love my job...but dread leaving Abby and Henry...but I also don't know that I would make it as a stay at home mom either.

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Sun Aug 22, 638619 5:35 pm

Great to hear from you! Maybe Samjam can come to MN and teach my 3 and 5 year olds how to sleep through the night:)

susheli

Postby susheli » Sun Aug 22, 638619 2:35 pm

Hi Su, I was also thinking of you just a short while ago. It's so nice to read an update! Am glad SamJam is doing so well and you too - hopefully the dizziness will pass soon and isn't anything serious.
Hugs!
Sush

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Thu Aug 12, 638619 7:58 am

Hello girlfriend!!!! Glad everything is going ok. We have excema babies here too.

rosalinda

Postby rosalinda » Wed Aug 11, 638619 8:47 pm

Hey Su...I was just thinking about you this morning. Thanks for updating!

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Wed Aug 11, 638619 8:11 pm

Yea waiting for the environmental allergies. Figured those are unavoidable- both of his parents have them. I worry about the dog and kitties..... it would break my heart if I had to get rid of them.....

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed Aug 11, 638619 6:05 pm

Su, I've been meaning to message you the past couple days and have been lazy, so I'm happy to read all is well with you and Sam Jam! Nicolas and Ella are/were both reflux/eczema kids - and be on the lookout for environmental allergies when he gets a smidge older; we won the lottery on that trifecta. Yay! for sleeping 12 hours; doesn't a little sleep make most anything seem not so bad? Exhaustion is just miserable.

I hope you can get to the bottom of your health issue, too, that must be scary. Oh, and I hope your transition back to work goes smoothly. Hope to talk to you soon! And kisses to Sam Jam!

suleaf

HELLLOOO ladies.... update

Postby suleaf » Wed Aug 11, 638619 5:18 pm

I've missed alllllll of you so much!

I lurk but life has been crazy- I'm taking a whole host of summer classes and trying to catch up with hours and it's just nutty....

Sam Jam turned 3 mos old on July 10.... I can hardly believe it! He's doing well- the acid reflux is under control but he has a raging eczema that is hard to manage. It flames and burns and he rubs at it... poor baby. The pediatrician says it goes hand in hand sometimes with acid reflux but we do our best. In good news, my little one is sleeping through the night- 7 pm to 7 am- since about 11 weeks of age. I don't know how or why but he's doing it and I just gratefully accept it. He still has a terrible witching hour- 5 pm to about 7 pm is utter *- he screams inconsolably and I am not sure if it's because the meds wear off, he's over tired or what the deal is.... but we just hope eventually he outgrows it.

I'm doing ok. Emotionaly much happier- I am going to have a very hard time going back to work. I've realized that there are many things that make me unhappy about work and I don't want to deal with those things and balance motherhood. At the same time I don't think I can be a stay at home mom so it's a weird dilemma. Nor can I financially be! We found a great babysitter at least who is very affordable and she's done great in her trial runs with Sam Jam. I'm having some health problems- extreme dizziness, to the point where I can't stand up, and my mom actually had to come over to help out with him because I am scared to try to hold him. They think it might be Meniere's Disease- which scares me- but I am in the process of being tested.

Still life feels so much better since the boy started sleeping- I swear sleep is the key to happiness!

Hope all of you are doing well!

Return to “After your baby is born .....”