Samar is on Zantac!!!!!!

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
ria

Re : Samar is on Zantac!!!!!!

Postby ria » Wed Jun 17, 2009 03:04 am

Sorry to hear he's been so miserable! Zantac worked pretty well for us as did Prevacid later for our preemie, severe-reflux girl. Hopefully this does the trick.

smileegirl

Postby smileegirl » Sun Jun 14, 2009 00:45 am

No worries at all...it was just my first time sending a private message, so I didn't know if I did it correctly. Trust me, I barely have the time to check email these days...

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Sat Jun 13, 2009 06:00 pm

I did! We haven't been home- will email you!

smileegirl

Postby smileegirl » Sat Jun 13, 2009 05:43 pm

Hi there! I sent you a private email...did you receive it?

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Fri Jun 12, 2009 08:29 pm

smileegirl- email me first... don't see your email on your profile! I have questions for you!

smileegirl

Postby smileegirl » Fri Jun 12, 2009 04:48 pm

One more thing....our trick to getting the zantac down was while she was sucking on a bottle we stuck the syringe in the corner of her mouth so that she would swallow it with the formula.

Again, Zantac didn't help her...but if it helps Samar, its a little trick to get it down. It really worked!

smileegirl

Postby smileegirl » Fri Jun 12, 2009 04:46 pm

Hi there! I went through a similar situation with my daughter (currently 10 weeks). Actually, we're still going through it. After a long time SCREAMING over bottles, projectile vomitting, mucus in her poop, etc., they determined that she had an allergy to the protein in milk and soy. We tried Alimentum but that didn't work and they we went to a pediatric GI who is awesome who put her on Elecare and that has helped a lot.

As for the reflux, Zantac never helped her. Now she's on Prevacid and there is some improvement. She still screams through some bottles but its less frequent (the Dr says it takes some time for the medicine to kick in...)

If the Zantac doesn't work, see what you're Dr. thinks about Prevacid. Also, I would suggest going to see a pediatric GI. They specialize in this and are really helpful!

How are his poops? Any mucus in them? Switching our formula was such a big difference!!

Email me if you have any questions! We've been through so much with my little girl!

mada

Postby mada » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:41 am

Eli HATED his zantac as well!! It smells pretty nasty! Just try to put as far back into his cheek as you can....I hope it starts to help!!

crystalw

Postby crystalw » Thu Jun 11, 2009 05:14 pm

Jack got put on Zantac today.. he doesn't seem to mind the taste so far although he only had one dose.. you will have to keep us updated if it starts helping or not.. I sure hope it works.. I want my happy baby back and I'm sure you do too!

joker

Postby joker » Thu Jun 11, 2009 04:40 pm

I hope the meds start to help soon!

Return to “After your baby is born .....”