Found a counselor.... and Sam Jam update...

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
carjashaner

Re : Found a counselor.... and Sam Jam update...

Postby carjashaner » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:24 pm

Please keep us posted on how you like your new doc. Our thoughts are with you.

crystalw

Postby crystalw » Mon Apr 27, 2009 09:08 pm

The vomiting food concerns me.. be sure and mention that to the dr .. it makes me think pyloric stenosis.. is it projectile? or just spit up?

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Mon Apr 27, 2009 08:28 pm

Oh I remember those days with Kirsten. I am glad you finally got some help. There will be brighter days ahead.

suleaf

Found a counselor.... and Sam Jam update...

Postby suleaf » Mon Apr 27, 2009 08:25 pm

I am very excited about that.... She seemed great, right on the phone. I picked up the zoloft today but still nervous about committing to that quite yet. Wondering if I should just talk to the counselor first. The counselor told me lots of good stuff about colic and reflux and told me- it passes and will make me a better parent... that at least when Samar goes through teething I will think of it as absolutely nothing after all this!!!

Emotionally I am dealing- sort of numb or sad.... but I know I am doing the right things, being proactive, and trying not to let myself drown in the sadness which tells me that maybe I am not as bad off as I thought... in the past, I have never been all that proactive about things. I feel like I am doing this for Sam Jam too. He deserves a happier and more loving mom- right now I can honestly say I don't feel a lot of LOVE per se... I feel either numb, or responsible, or angry, or resentful.... I know there is love underneath but it's buried underneath everything else. And I know I MUST love him if I am trying so hard to get better....

Meanwhile Sam Jam's screaming/colic/reflux episodes are taking their toll.... it has been getting worse. Hes spitting up and vomiting food as he eats now. Arching his back more. His screams are longer and more persistent.... so I am putting in a more persistent call to the pediatrician tomorrow.

I will let you all know what happens!

Return to “After your baby is born .....”